Apollo Alpha H1 tyres.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Apollo Alpha H1.

The much awaited first ever W rated motorcycle tyre by an Indian manufacturer.

Apollo has used latest technology in developing these tyres.

These are made to compete directly with likes of Pirelli and Metzeler specifically Metzeler m7.
These are suitable for Bajaj Dominar, Duke390, Rc390, duke 200, Tvs rr310, Mahindra mojo 300 and other motorcycles with similar specs.

Life as claimed by company is 50 percent more then Metzeler m7 with superior grip and 2 years unconditional warranty which means even the accidental damage is also covered till there 50 percent tread remains(do confirm this with your dealer).

A little history about this, we (our dominar group) was earlier invited by Apollo tyre in the month of April 2018 to show us new high speed high quality tyre they are about to launch in near future. They contacted me through my close friend who is the Dealer of Apollo in Delhi so we end up arranging the event with coordination with our Bajaj ride coordinator. In that event they didn't actually showed us the tyre but their team from Chennai was there and they spoke with us regarding what we need from a tyre and showed us with help of slides what type of thing they are set to launch and what technology is used , but due to request by team apollo we did not share any pics or videos of that event.

Now coming back to the tyre the official launch is set for July 2018 in pataaya, but the tyre is now available for retail in some local markets, and as soon as it landed here in Delhi my Dealer friend wanted my bike to be the first to get these, though i have only done half the life of my stock tyres.

So, my Bajaj Dominar is practically ended up being the first ever Bajaj Dominar to be fitted with these.

Main feature of these tyres is the special construction using 0 degree steel belted technology, which means there would be no dynamic heat expansion like normal radials and other nylon/fabric tyres.

And this being w rated which is 270kmph speed rated is the first ever Indian tyre in this zone. Now the other benefits of being 0 degree steel belted radial is a lighter and stronger carcass, and with zero dynamic heat expansion the side wall would not crack , which is the issue most commonly faced with Mrf revz c1 and fc1.

As per Weight comparison the outgoing mrf revz c1 rear was close to 6.5kg and this Alpha h1 rear is 5.5kg, a full 1 kg lighter.

Now i have been using these tyres locally since last five day(got them fitted last Friday).

So here is my two cents.

Overall grip is leech like and is a big time improvement over the stock tyres.

Did the break test yesterday there is big time improvement, on the lean the tyre sticks well to the road and respond swiftly to body movement, unlike mrf it gives confidence when the bike is leaning.

Front end on the other hand has become bit heavy and sticks well to road it now needs bit more effort and awareness but is confidence inspiring.

It is like when the power steering of a car which gets heavy with speed to provide stability.

I am not allowed to disclose the price/deal i got.

My previous experience with apollo is also very good used it on my car and honda activa.
Here is the contact details of my dealer friend ,you can contact him for price and other inquiries , he can also ship to other states.

Bimaljeet singh

Narang tyre sales.

Novelty tyre market.

Delhi.

011 4942 8606

Feel free to give my reference.

Regards

Inderjeet Singh

Note:- comparison pics of older tyres with new ones fitted belongs to @zma0101 a.k.a Soni varghese, he also got these new tyres the next day.

Last edited:

Suneesh Sharma

Love my Iron Beast
wow great....it seems apollo are really doing amazing work with repect to latest technologies and demads of customers.

Recently I was also advised by many to get Alollo amazer 4g life series for my car . Did spiti in that and had no issues at all. Dealer said that tread of the tyre is really very solid and overall quality is pretty decent

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer
Secret Meetings !
Secret Tyres !
Secret Trips !

Daya. !
Pata karo....
Aur kya kya chal raha hai ?

Reactions: IJS

Mandar_C500

These tyre looks good but the real test will be in rains and long tours.
Please post the reviews here.

Waiting....

Regards
Mandar

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
wow great....it seems apollo are really amazing work with repect to latest technologies and demads of customers.

Recently I was also advised by many to get Alollo amazer 4g life series for my car . Did spiti in that and had no issues at all. Dealer said that tread of the tyre is really very solid and overall quality is pretty decent

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Yes sir this is true amazor 4g is a very good tyre i have apollo on one of my car the experience was very good, and used acti grip s4 on activa that tyre had very good wet grip.
Nice addition on your Domi @IJS
Thanks bade bhai.
Secret Meetings !
Secret Tyres !
Secret Trips !

Daya. !
Pata karo....
Aur kya kya chal raha hai ?
Thanks praahji.
These tyre looks good but the real test will be in rains and long tours.
Please post the reviews here.

Waiting....

Regards
Mandar
Sure Bhai will try to keep this thread updated.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Being a bit lazy these days so didn't get to update the thread.
The tyres are performing very well in wet condition too. Rode in very heavy rain without any grip issues.
On the dry tarmac tested at over triple digit speed , there is no fishtail effect which was present in stock mrf at high speed with heavy cross winds.

On the mild slush too the grip level is very good, my work place is subzi mandi so there is always some slush present there , i took the motorcycle there after and during rain with increased amount of slush created by waste vegies , over which the stock tyre would make the rear dance but these Apollo tyres have good amount of grip there too at slow speed of 20kmph.

An overall improvement in grip level at most conditions.
Confirmed with my dealer friend the price of the set is 10 to 11k depending on the local market and at authorized Apollo shoppee it could be little more as mrp is high.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk