Aquarium Hobbyists

anirbanSB

I know I am going to be thrashed for this but here it goes -

View attachment 631953
True...but the thing is, fishes kept in aquariums are bred in situ and are not wild caught. So, "freeing" them in a pond or river will be like killing them!!
So, utmost care should be taken by the hobbyist to take care of the fishes and not keep too many in an aquarium, such that each fish can have ample space to itself.

teufel

Anirban, fishes being bred 'in situ' is just like arguing that babies born in jails are to be captives all their lives. All the care in the world from the so called hobbyists doesn't mean a thing if you are restricted to 5.5 ft room all your life.

Just be glad that there are no such hobbyists in fish world, lest humans find themselves to be on the other side. But yes, might is right and while I might not quite agree with your philosophy, I do try to follow 'to each his own' ethos.

Last edited:

anirbanSB

Anirban, fishes being bred 'in situ' is just like arguing that babies born in jails are to be captives all their lives. All the care in the world from the so called hobbyists doesn't mean a thing if you are restricted to 5.5 ft room all your life.

Just be glad that there are no such hobbyists in fish world, lest humans find themselves to be on the other side. But yes, might is right and while I might not quite agree with your philosophy, I do try to follow 'to each his own' ethos.
Haha...I too would like stick to the "'to each his own' ethos" thing!!! Analogies can be given from a good/bad angles...try finding a Labrador in a national park!!
Some living things are simply dependent on us, humans...it's how we treat them that matters..thanks

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
I am not a Aquarium Hobbyist. I neither have a Aquarium nor i plan to keep one. But I like if someone maintains a good aquarium. I am not sure what to call such a person ;)
My doctor has kept a well maintained aquarium and it is very unique. It has live corals and very amazing fishes. I clicked a few pictures just for this thread. Clicked using iPhone so picture quality is not good.

A Live Coral
IMG_1129.JPG

I do not know the name

IMG_1170.JPG