Ashok Leyland and Tata Intercity Buses

bus.traveller

journey review...
Ranebennur (karnataka) to Mannargudi...travelled on Eicher / Tata /Ashok Leyland all state run buses.

Urgent need to reach Mannargudi and started around 8 pm from Ranebennur.
Took Ksrtc Eicher Ranebennur - Davanagere non stop bypassing Harihar. Reached Davanagere around 9 pm.

Only one Ksrtc karnataka sarige was standing doing Hubli - Bangalore Service. Enquired for Deluxe or volvo but was informed that all were to depart after 10 pm only. my situation did not permit me to waste time. So as i was about to board the available bus suddenly a Belgaum - Bengaluru service entered the bay. The second driver / conductor assured that it is a delayed service and he would reach bengaluru by 2 or 2.30 am. The Bus had a return schedule to depart from Bengaluru at 03.15 am and they could not afford losing time on the way.
I boarded the bus and there were around 10-12 passengers. It was an uneventful journey all the way. The driver was fast but driving was safe and without rash cuts. We entered chitradurga and dropped a few passengers. around 4-5 got in we were moving straight away. Bus took Hiriyur by pass and we stopped for dinner somewhere after Aimangala. Break was around 20 mins and we got moving quickly. Again after around 50 kms the first driver stopped the bus on the side. Now the second driver / conductor took over and he was just ripping the bus to the max. I was enjoying every bit of my journey. I could strech my legs and relax as bus was almost empty. There was very cold breeze and we were cruising at max. We reached Majestic around 02.20 am after dropping passengers at Yeshwantpur and Navarang circle.

Throughout my journey I was trying to get a seat on any private operators from bangalore to trichy but as it was a saturday morning all buses were full. Only Kpn had a berth in last row but departure was showing as 03.00 am from Madiwala. Time was very short and i did not take chance and hence decided to do the journey by state run buses.

Now I took some suggestions at Majestic and people advised me to go to Shantinagar Bus station. I took a BMTC and reached Shantinagar in around 20 mins only to find empty bus stand. I waited for around 30 mins and finally a SETC driver was walking into stand. A chat with him ensured that the first bus to depart to Hosur side was 05.15 chennai service. Without wasting time I took a next Bmtc and reached Madiwala and time was around 03.40 am.
In next 5 mins a TNSTC bus came calling for Hosur. I boarded and I was dropped at Hosur around 04.30 am.
The first 1 to 1 service from Hosur - Salem was at 05.15 am. The bus was already at the bay and lights were on. Few ppl were on board and bus was gradually getting full. I just used washroom and had a good morning tea. The conductor came and started issuing tickets. I checked about reaching time and he said surely by 08.15 am.

the Bus started bang 8.15 am and it was full. There were 3 or 4 passengers standing and we took few more on the way. Driver was fast but safe. Only drawback was he played loud music which was disturbing sleep. We stopped for Tea in a small place but this tea stall was baking amazing fresh buns. Almost everyone was having bun and tea. 5 Rs Bun was really worth trying. In around 15 mins we started moving and dropped at central bus stand at 08.25 am.

I just sat near Trichy bay and streched for 15 mins. The nonstop journey was taking effect but i had some more distance to cover. After letting go 2 or 3 buses I took the next available bus. It was Salem Depot Salem - Trichy service. We left around 9 am and we passed through Rasipuram. At Namakkal conductor announced 15 mins break.
Then on it was nightmare as this bus was like a shuttle service. We stopped at every village or junctions enroute. People kept alighting and boarding and finally reached Palpannai Junction around 1 pm.

Without wasting time took the next bus that came in towards Thanjavur. This guy was superfast and bus was heading towards Thiruvarur. Got dropped in Thanjavur in around 40 mins time. There was bus ready departing to Mannargudi and boarded the bus. It took around 50 mins and finally dropped at Mannargudi.

After finishing the assigned work I took Mannai express to Chennai and had a nice sleep in the middle birth. Reached tambaram around 5 am in morning.

HRSH

journey review...
Ranebennur (karnataka) to Mannargudi...travelled on Eicher / Tata /Ashok Leyland all state run buses.

Urgent need to reach Mannargudi and started around 8 pm from Ranebennur.
Took Ksrtc Eicher Ranebennur - Davanagere non stop bypassing Harihar. Reached Davanagere around 9 pm.

Only one Ksrtc karnataka sarige was standing doing Hubli - Bangalore Service. Enquired for Deluxe or volvo but was informed that all were to depart after 10 pm only. my situation did not permit me to waste time. So as i was about to board the available bus suddenly a Belgaum - Bengaluru service entered the bay. The second driver / conductor assured that it is a delayed service and he would reach bengaluru by 2 or 2.30 am. The Bus had a return schedule to depart from Bengaluru at 03.15 am and they could not afford losing time on the way.
I boarded the bus and there were around 10-12 passengers. It was an uneventful journey all the way. The driver was fast but driving was safe and without rash cuts. We entered chitradurga and dropped a few passengers. around 4-5 got in we were moving straight away. Bus took Hiriyur by pass and we stopped for dinner somewhere after Aimangala. Break was around 20 mins and we got moving quickly. Again after around 50 kms the first driver stopped the bus on the side. Now the second driver / conductor took over and he was just ripping the bus to the max. I was enjoying every bit of my journey. I could strech my legs and relax as bus was almost empty. There was very cold breeze and we were cruising at max. We reached Majestic around 02.20 am after dropping passengers at Yeshwantpur and Navarang circle.

Throughout my journey I was trying to get a seat on any private operators from bangalore to trichy but as it was a saturday morning all buses were full. Only Kpn had a berth in last row but departure was showing as 03.00 am from Madiwala. Time was very short and i did not take chance and hence decided to do the journey by state run buses.

Now I took some suggestions at Majestic and people advised me to go to Shantinagar Bus station. I took a BMTC and reached Shantinagar in around 20 mins only to find empty bus stand. I waited for around 30 mins and finally a SETC driver was walking into stand. A chat with him ensured that the first bus to depart to Hosur side was 05.15 chennai service. Without wasting time I took a next Bmtc and reached Madiwala and time was around 03.40 am.
In next 5 mins a TNSTC bus came calling for Hosur. I boarded and I was dropped at Hosur around 04.30 am.
The first 1 to 1 service from Hosur - Salem was at 05.15 am. The bus was already at the bay and lights were on. Few ppl were on board and bus was gradually getting full. I just used washroom and had a good morning tea. The conductor came and started issuing tickets. I checked about reaching time and he said surely by 08.15 am.

the Bus started bang 8.15 am and it was full. There were 3 or 4 passengers standing and we took few more on the way. Driver was fast but safe. Only drawback was he played loud music which was disturbing sleep. We stopped for Tea in a small place but this tea stall was baking amazing fresh buns. Almost everyone was having bun and tea. 5 Rs Bun was really worth trying. In around 15 mins we started moving and dropped at central bus stand at 08.25 am.

I just sat near Trichy bay and streched for 15 mins. The nonstop journey was taking effect but i had some more distance to cover. After letting go 2 or 3 buses I took the next available bus. It was Salem Depot Salem - Trichy service. We left around 9 am and we passed through Rasipuram. At Namakkal conductor announced 15 mins break.
Then on it was nightmare as this bus was like a shuttle service. We stopped at every village or junctions enroute. People kept alighting and boarding and finally reached Palpannai Junction around 1 pm.

Without wasting time took the next bus that came in towards Thanjavur. This guy was superfast and bus was heading towards Thiruvarur. Got dropped in Thanjavur in around 40 mins time. There was bus ready departing to Mannargudi and boarded the bus. It took around 50 mins and finally dropped at Mannargudi.

After finishing the assigned work I took Mannai express to Chennai and had a nice sleep in the middle birth. Reached tambaram around 5 am in morning.
What an eventful journey !
Should appreciate you for the effort to do such a tiring journey !

Buzfan

Had an awesome ride in the Pathanamthitta-Kumily via Gavi ksrtc bus. Friendly crews, driver was very jovial. He acted as a guide and helped in spotting wildlife. Couple of videos taken during trip

IMG_20181208_154813-01.jpeg

deepam

Super User
Orange Travels have 2 services between Bangalore and Manipal.
I guess the trip to Bhatkal is short-cut to Manipal. Maybe major patronage to Orange is Telugu students from Manipal and Mangaluru.

Last edited:

deepam

Super User
SRE Travels has added 2 AC Sleeper Bus services between Shimoga - Hyderabad:
1 Service is new Bharat Benz Sleeper via Harihara - Hospet - Raichur. This is to compete with EAST WEST TOURIST who have added a new AC Sleeper Bharat Benz on this route.
the other service is old Luxura Sleeper service via their erstwhile route Chitradurga - Challakere - Rayadurga

deepam

Super User
Srinivasa Travels, has started:
  1. AC sleeper service from Adoni - Kurnool - Vijayawada.
  2. Non AC 2X1 Seater from Mantralaya - Adoni - Bangalore.
Shortly the website is stating that they are launching Hospet - Ballari - Adoni - Vijayawada Service

Welcome to Srinivasa Travels

Last edited:

Haldex

How is the leg space in this bus ?
Is it as good as an Omni bus ?
I couldn't travel in that white ultra deluxe because it was full. Happened to travel in the lavender blue bus. But will update if I get a chance to travel in it.