Ashok Leyland and Tata Intercity Buses

deepam

Super User
I am sharing the link of Manipal Tiger circle.

In one photo shows old APSRTC Super Luxury bus operating Hyderabad & Mangalore via Manipal.

This bus was introduced during 1992 and I had travelled in first week between Hospet and Manipal.

This bus operated till 2008-09 and was withdrawn after KSRTC launched Airavata service, as this had few takers.

This also has photos of old City buses mostly Tata engine/ chassis.

Iconic Manipal landmark Tiger Circle taken down

PhilSun

Travel with Tranz king (09: 25 pm from Perugalthur to 08:15 PM NGL Date - 7th Feb 2019)
Very good coach... Very impressive and driving was very cool with no jerks and sudden brakes (but it bit slow)... Really travelled like a king

Travel with Kallada Sleeper(10:05 pm NGL to CHN Date - 9th Feb 2019)
The bus looks good but while nearing Sattur there is a smoke in the bus and we urgently get down from bus... Finally a Kallada Volvo needs to accomdte all passenger and we nearing Madurai now... Not sure what will be next... Whether they will rearrange a new buses or we need to travel with standing until Chennai

deepam

Super User
Travel with Tranz king (09: 25 pm from Perugalthur to 08:15 PM NGL Date - 7th Feb 2019)
Very good coach... Very impressive and driving was very cool with no jerks and sudden brakes (but it bit slow)... Really travelled like a king

Travel with Kallada Sleeper(10:05 pm NGL to CHN Date - 9th Feb 2019)
The bus looks good but while nearing Sattur there is a smoke in the bus and we urgently get down from bus... Finally a Kallada Volvo needs to accomdte all passenger and we nearing Madurai now... Not sure what will be next... Whether they will rearrange a new buses or we need to travel with standing until Chennai
++++++
PhilSun, Finally how did you travel from Madurai to Chennai?

Haldex

How is the leg space in this bus ?
Is it as good as an Omni bus ?
Hi HRSH,

Went to Trichy for Colleague's wedding. From chennai , we went by Rockfort express & Return by Setc A/c seater. After Lunch we headed for trichy central bus stand, reached 30 minutes before departure. The Bus was on time (scheduled departure at 1pm) & driver confirmed it will take another 15 minutes since there were only 3 reserved passengers (one reserved passenger for sleeper berth & 2 seats were booked by us). Finally we departed by 1:20 pm, almost all seats were full. The bus was Ashok Leyland - Seater/Sleeper built by Prakash, the seats are really comfortable with ample legroom, night/study lamps, USB chargers, individual ac vents,(all were working), fire extinguisher & dustbin near the emergency exit. Driving was Sedate, sleep friendly but i felt it was slow, maybe speed-locked, lot of new tnstc buses overtook us, Suspension was smooth - cabin had no noise or rattles or creeks. I guess the driver was fiddling with A/C - switching the compressor on/off to improve fuel efficiency. We stopped at Villupuram for 25 minutes break @ 16:09 and traffic started from chengalpat & it was worst as we neared guduvanchery. Overall a pleasant journey with good comfort & i would definitely recommend it.

What surprised or rather aggravated me was the uncivilised passengers on-board. Broken USB charger console, bus was littered with trash - it was clean when i entered the bus -(biscuit, chocolate wraps, fruit peels, water bottles & paper waste), legs on the front arm-rest & seats (covered in white cloth) & watching/listening - music/movie on the phone (too loud) rather than using headphones. Had heated argument with those idiots. Finally they stopped their nonsense. Totally Baffled by their behaviour & very sad indeed.

HRSH - Legroom was good & better than Omni buses.

Last edited: