Ashok Leyland and Tata Intercity Buses

HRSH

Hi HRSH,

Went to Trichy for Colleague's wedding. From chennai , we went by Rockfort express & Return by Setc A/c seater. After Lunch we headed for trichy central bus stand, reached 30 minutes before departure. The Bus was on time (scheduled departure at 1pm) & driver confirmed it will take another 15 minutes since there were only 3 reserved passengers (one reserved passenger for sleeper berth & 2 seats were booked by us). Finally we departed by 1:20 pm, almost all seats were full. The bus was Ashok Leyland - Seater/Sleeper built by Prakash, the seats are really comfortable with ample legroom, night/study lamps, USB chargers, individual ac vents, fire extinguisher & dustbin near the emergency exit. Driving was Sedate, sleep friendly but i felt it was slow, maybe speed-locked, lot of new tnstc buses overtook us, Suspension was smooth - cabin had no noise or rattles or creeks. I guess the driver was fiddling with A/C - switching the compressor on/off to improve fuel efficiency. We stopped at Villupuram for 25 minutes break @ 16:09 and traffic started from chengalpat & it was worst as we neared guduvanchery. Overall a pleasant journey with good comfort & i would definitely recommend it.

What surprised or rather aggravated me was the uncivilised passengers on-board. Broken USB charger console, bus was littered with trash-it was clean when i entered the bus -(biscuit, chocolate wraps, fruit peels, water bottles & paper waste), legs on the front arm-rest & seats (covered in white cloth) & watching/listening music/movie on the phone loud rather than using headphones. Had heated argument with those idiots. Finally they stopped their nonsense. Totally Baffled by their behaviour & very sad indeed.

HRSH - Legroom was good as in Omni buses.
Thanks for your review.
Happy to know space was good and that the bus was maintained well !
Even if our govt tries to give us something worthy we do not deserve it because of our stupidness !
The bus for sure would have been speed locked at 80 , and this would have let others overtake you easily !
Good to know that the bus had good patronage despite the fare !
There are some fellow travelers who least mind the comfort of others !

P.s. Thanks very much for the photos as well !

binaiks

Hi HRSH,

Went to Trichy for Colleague's wedding. From chennai , we went by Rockfort express & Return by Setc A/c seater. After Lunch we headed for trichy central bus stand, reached 30 minutes before departure. The Bus was on time (scheduled departure at 1pm) & driver confirmed it will take another 15 minutes since there were only 3 reserved passengers (one reserved passenger for sleeper berth & 2 seats were booked by us). Finally we departed by 1:20 pm, almost all seats were full. The bus was Ashok Leyland - Seater/Sleeper built by Prakash, the seats are really comfortable with ample legroom, night/study lamps, USB chargers, individual ac vents, fire extinguisher & dustbin near the emergency exit. Driving was Sedate, sleep friendly but i felt it was slow, maybe speed-locked, lot of new tnstc buses overtook us, Suspension was smooth - cabin had no noise or rattles or creeks. I guess the driver was fiddling with A/C - switching the compressor on/off to improve fuel efficiency. We stopped at Villupuram for 25 minutes break @ 16:09 and traffic started from chengalpat & it was worst as we neared guduvanchery. Overall a pleasant journey with good comfort & i would definitely recommend it.
I had traveled in the Bangalore-Coimbatore AC Sleeper a few months ago. The interiors of the bus surely competes with any private operator. That bus wasn't locked at 80, it had gone till 95kmph, IIRC. The crew were excellent as well - we arrived in Coimbatore well before scheduled time that day.

Haldex

I had traveled in the Bangalore-Coimbatore AC Sleeper a few months ago. The interiors of the bus surely competes with any private operator. That bus wasn't locked at 80, it had gone till 95kmph, IIRC. The crew were excellent as well - we arrived in Coimbatore well before scheduled time that day.
Thank you Binaiks, yes i read your post on Setc A/C sleeper.

deepam

Super User
Just discovered that Orange Travels is operating 'Nagpur - Indore' AC Sleeper.
Also it is operating AC Sleeper between 'Indore - Shirdi - Pune' and another set is expected to ply from Mar 01, 2019.