Ashok Leyland and Tata Intercity Buses

Haldex

MTC AC Bus Chennai. Built by Gemini Coach. 2+2, Total 40 seats + driver & conductor.

I was eagerly waiting for the day to try the New FE AC MTC Leyland. On the day, headed to Broadway bus stand. These new AC buses are painted in silver, looks tall & bigger than the regular red buses. The steps are placed higher up the road, red buses have much lower steps. Once I climbed in, I noticed that floor is flat throughout without any wheel arches or humps.

Legroom is good and seats are really comfortable, soft and has right cushioning. AC vents are placed sideways and can control the air flow and some buses have fixed vents without controller. Windows are large and tinted. They had 3 fire extinguisher in the bus. Overall the quality of the bus is good but few rough edges were present like poorly build window edge and doors were noisy.

The Bus had a supple suspension and the engine was quite too. The bus had good pickup. Overall the travel was good & comfortable. Fares for these busses are quite reasonable, Broadway to Thoraipakkam in AC MTC costs 40rs and in Deluxe red bus it costs 31 rupees.

IMG20200205062415.jpg

IMG20200205062417.jpg

IMG20200205062428.jpg

IMG20200205062558.jpg