Ashok Leyland and Tata Intercity Buses

Haldex

MTC AC Bus Chennai. Built by Gemini Coach. 2+2, Total 40 seats + driver & conductor.

I was eagerly waiting for the day to try the New FE AC MTC Leyland. On the day, headed to Broadway bus stand. These new AC buses are painted in silver, looks tall & bigger than the regular red buses. The steps are placed higher up the road, red buses have much lower steps. Once I climbed in, I noticed that floor is flat throughout without any wheel arches or humps.

Legroom is good and seats are really comfortable, soft and has right cushioning. AC vents are placed sideways and can control the air flow and some buses have fixed vents without controller. Windows are large and tinted. They had 3 fire extinguisher in the bus. Overall the quality of the bus is good but few rough edges were present like poorly build window edge and doors were noisy.

The Bus had a supple suspension and the engine was quite too. The bus had good pickup. Overall the travel was good & comfortable. Fares for these busses are quite reasonable, Broadway to Thoraipakkam in AC MTC costs 40rs and in Deluxe red bus it costs 31 rupees.

IMG20200205062415.jpg

IMG20200205062417.jpg

IMG20200205062428.jpg

IMG20200205062558.jpg

deepam

Super User
I was looking to identify Brand name of MG Bodies. When is it called Gliderz or Leera. Exterior appearance looked same to me and I got the following from an Interview in this link:
http://www.motorindiaonline.in/buses/mg-group-partners-volvo-buses/

MG has launched the luxury coaches:
  • Glider and Glider Z, seater and sleeper respectively, as well as the Prizm (9 tonne segment) on the BharatBenz chassis
  • Lotus, Lotus Z, Leera and Leera Z on the Ashok Leyland / Tata chassis.
  • Premium luxury sleeper coach Dreamz on the Mercedes chassis.
  • Premium luxury coach Starz on the Volvo B 11 R chassis

binaiks

I was looking to identify Brand name of MG Bodies. When is it called Gliderz or Leera. Exterior appearance looked same to me and I got the following from an Interview in this link:
http://www.motorindiaonline.in/buses/mg-group-partners-volvo-buses/

MG has launched the luxury coaches:
  • Glider and Glider Z, seater and sleeper respectively, as well as the Prizm (9 tonne segment) on the BharatBenz chassis
  • Lotus, Lotus Z, Leera and Leera Z on the Ashok Leyland / Tata chassis.
  • Premium luxury sleeper coach Dreamz on the Mercedes chassis.
  • Premium luxury coach Starz on the Volvo B 11 R chassis
To make it easy - Glider and Leera (including their sleeper versions) use exactly the same panels and structural assembly. The only difference is the front and rear show. Lotus/LotusZ is not available now - the marketing team has updated that this product has been withdrawn.

StarZ is available only the Volvo B8R platform as well. In addition they also have StarYZ - the seater-cum-seater variant built on Volvo B11R chassis (this product has not been sold yet in the B8R platform). StarZ is available only in 12m and 14.95m variants. There is no 13.8m variant for this.

deepam

Super User
To make it easy - Glider and Leera (including their sleeper versions) use exactly the same panels and structural assembly. The only difference is the front and rear show. Lotus/LotusZ is not available now - the marketing team has updated that this product has been withdrawn.

StarZ is available only the Volvo B8R platform as well. In addition they also have StarYZ - the seater-cum-seater variant built on Volvo B11R chassis (this product has not been sold yet in the B8R platform). StarZ is available only in 12m and 14.95m variants. There is no 13.8m variant for this.
------
Starz Volvo B8R first set is bought by purple.
I just show in flesh ADC Starz, the LED strip lighting on the Aisle and near Window not provided.
MG has done lots of standardization and compartment seems to be same across Chassis.