Ashok Leyland and Tata Intercity Buses

Buses halting for dinner on highway. East West Travels, Shimoga to Mumbai.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is my bus journey from Mumbai to Mangalore via BharatBenz Sheethal Travels. One of the earliest buses to arrive from Mangalore to Mumbai. However, this time when the bus cleaner went to submit the details at RTO check post, we came to know that quite a few buses were going to be seized due to non payment of taxes including our bus. The other buses were Mercy Travels, Reshma, SRS and Anand. Hence, the entire jourmey we took detours to avoid police but still were caught and let off after promising to pay the fine the next day.:D. Wasted a lot of time and hence the driver was on beast mode when trying to catch up.

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ooty bus stand full day coverage. Along with intercity buses plying on Bangalore - Ooty route

My bus journey From Mysore to Ooty

Last edited:
My TNSTC bus trip from Coonoor bus Stand to Ooty through the beautiful Ooty hills . Beautiful view and road.

My bus ride in TNSTC bus through the Ooty hills

deepam

Super User
I am posting this to share and record the COVID-19 Lock down in India from Mar 23, 2020 to May 17, 2020.

So after 40+ days of Lockdown. Govt of Karnataka decided to ply buses from one part to other parts to ferry for Migrant Workers [One way trip].
I am sharing the experience as heard by KSRTC Volvo Bus driver sharing his experience of driving allotted TATA 2015 Model Karnataka Sarige.
KA19F3307 was deputed to do duty from Mangalore to Muddebihal, Pin 586212 [KA]
The bus departed on Day 1 from Mangalore at 9:45 AM and reached Muddebihal next day around 10:30 AM. At Muddebihal lunch was arranged for the Crew. The last 50 km was covered in just 3 hours, due to local blockades. Bullock carts were used to block the roads!
The crew started back post lunch around 2 PM, with no passengers.
There was not a single shop open to provide Tea through out the 500 km distance one way [both sides]. No hotel for Food.
So it was challenge for the crew to drive that distance without any Tea break!!!

Volvo bus driver was used recently to drive B11R [Semisleeper and Sleeper], so could imagine how it would be for him to get used to a TATA bus!! These are nice experiences, to hear for a bus fan like me!!

No Hotels, NO TEA SHOP. It is really surprising to know how Lorry Crew are managing their lives and ensuring requisite food.

Regular Lorry Traffic were seen on the roads. Appreciate the services of Lorry Drivers and Cleaners, who are working tirelessly to enable Supply of goods from one place to another
These are our real heroes in life and I salute them and their families extended by them for the Service of the NATION.

This is my bus journey from Ooty to Coimbatore via the beautiful and dangerous Coonoor ghat with 14 hairpin bends. Almost collides with truck.