Audiophiles on BCMT !

noidea

I have an Onkyo CR 315 bought many years ago. Now, since the way we listen to music has changed, I was thinking of investing in Bluetooth speakers. What do you guys suggest? JBL Flip?

Another question, where do you get high quality music from. All this equipment is utter waste without a good source to begin with.
I too would like an opinion form an expert about a bluetooth speaker.
So far have shortlisted the Soundlink Mini from Bose and the JBL Flip II.

Which one should I buy, considering that they will be used mostly during trips, mostly in hotel rooms.

Last edited:
I have an Onkyo CR 315 bought many years ago. Now, since the way we listen to music has changed, I was thinking of investing in Bluetooth speakers. What do you guys suggest? JBL Flip?

Another question, where do you get high quality music from. All this equipment is utter waste without a good source to begin with.
Almost all good players provide almost same sound. The difference might not be heard if you are using external speakers, If you use high quality headphones/earphones then you may find some difference in sound.

Your smartphone is best for connecting to external speaker or bluetooth speakers.

The main difference in sound according to me is the ability to listen to a player as long as you don't feel fatigue when using headphone/earphone.

Which one should I buy, considering that they will be used mostly during trips, mostly in hotel rooms.
Both bluetooth speakers are good, You should consider one which have more battery life when it comes to wireless speakers.
Sound from both the speakers will be close to same..

nekhrun

Around 10 years back I heard some speaker set up at AV Expo. Don't remember the brand, but it costed Rs 1.5L per speaker. I was so impressed by the audio quality that I decided to buy the best one I can afford. I bought Creative PC speakers for Rs 5K the very next day and am very satisfied. :D

Around 10 years back I heard some speaker set up at AV Expo. Don't remember the brand, but it costed Rs 1.5L per speaker. I was so impressed by the audio quality that I decided to buy the best one I can afford. I bought Creative PC speakers for Rs 5K the very next day and am very satisfied. :D

would like to go to next AV Expo .. don't know when it is going to be organised

omega

I am no expert but I listened to some speakers before picking up the JBL Flip. I found only the Bose soundlink mini to be better. If you have the budget, get the bose. Otherwise JBL :)

IEM Modification to reduce harsh treble or high frequencies

Hey Guys,

Tried this trick with my Creative EP 630, The highs are harsh for me, I didn't wanted to alter equalizer on clip+ as I like the neutral sound from it.

Things you'll need.

1. Micropore Tape । Should be available in medical kit।
2. Scissors or Blade.
3. Any IEM with harsh treble or high frequencies.

Cut micropore tape and stick it to the end of earphone nozzle on top of metal mesh filter, This will act as high frequency filter.

Here is a Pic.

Sent from Android a Gooogle Product :)

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the assumption that the hotels you stay at will have electric power available I would say go for a mains powered system rather than a battery powered one. The difference in sound quality will always be substantial; the mains powered system will always out perform the battery powered one by a large margin, price to price.
Another golden rule to bear in mind - larger is better. Physical size matters for bass reproduction. And bass takes a lot of power for good reproduction.

Received memorex eb110 with comply foam tips included at 360rs/-, heck comply foam tips alone are costlier. Got 2 pairs. S and M.

I actually bought these phones just for comply foam tips.

View attachment 552025

uploadfromtaptalk1410348393579.jpg

Initial sound impression, bass and mid are more pronounced than highs.
So one can say these are Warm sounding.

Full review after some hours of listening.

srikany

Thumper and Two Stroke
Hi, I have recently purchased a Xiaomi Mi3 and in the lookout for a comfortable earphone to make and recieve calls. Please suggest a blue tooth or Wired one and the approximate cost etc.