Audiophiles on BCMT !

Got Samson SR950 Just now. Intial expression may be 15 minutes listening.

Very Clean and Airy sound no overhyped bass, Vocals are pretty clear.

hacket

Old school
Stumbled upon this thread today. I used to be an audiophile crazy in mid 2000. My collection includes Altec Lansing MX-5021 2.1 speakers which is doing fine even after 8 years, creative EP-630 earphones running strong for 6+years, Skullcandy Smokin Buds 2 and Creative Sound blaster card with modded OPAMPS which I purchased from a Techenclave buddy.

KurtRules

Come as you are!
I am not much of an audiophile, but I use the ath-m50x from audio technica. Really good pair of cans, for a closed pair. Good noise isolation and quite comfortable to wear.

Anyone open to sharing FLAC ? :grin:

amitw79

Super User
Guys, any recommendations for over-the-ear or over-the-head headphones in the budget of 3K... Crystal clear sound clarity with decent bass is the main requirement. Will be using mainly with Note 3 or laptop.
Slight compromise on bass is still fine but clarity has to be good. Should be comfortable to wear for a long period of time.

I have used Seinheisser CX-880 in-ear headphones, Creative EP-630 headphones before but now I want to move on from in-ear headphones.

Suggestion, anyone?

Last edited:
Guys, any recommendations for over-the-ear or over-the-head headphones in the budget of 3K... Crystal clear sound clarity with decent bass is the main requirement. Will be using mainly with Note 3 or laptop.
Slight compromise on bass is still fine but clarity has to be good. Should be comfortable to wear for a long period of time.

I have used Seinheisser CX-880 in-ear headphones, Creative EP-630 headphones before but now I want to move on from in-ear headphones.

Suggestion, anyone?

For crystal Clear sound and in your budget you can get the one I mentioned 2-3 Post above Samson SR950, It doesn't have plenty of Bass however Sound is crystal clear .. other than those in 3K range you will mainly get Bass Oriented headphones with not so clear sound. If you can stretch your budget around 1K more than you might get Koss Porta Pro. These are Old Classic with Lifetime Warranty and heard very good reviews.

I am planning to get Grado Sr60 used. Need to listen to those before buying.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not much of an audiophile, but I use the ath-m50x from audio technica. Really good pair of cans, for a closed pair. Good noise isolation and quite comfortable to wear.

Anyone open to sharing FLAC ? :grin:
M50's are pretty much allrounder in terms of sound quality. These are your step in to good quality sound. I have FLAC's however I normally listen Relaxation/Medication/Nature Music/Sounds of Nature with Instruments.
Many of my FLAC files are more than 120 MB :D

amitw79

Super User
Thanks [MENTION=20079]abhinavrakesh[/MENTION] :)

I have never heard of brand Samson, but the headphones looks good.
Just now, while searching for it, stumbled upon your unboxing video on youtube :)

I will take your words for the sound quality part of the headphones, but I am slightly apprehensive about the cups.
Are they comfortable for long hearing hours?
By the looks of it, they could be slightly uncomfortable to wear in summers. Your inputs please.

Thanks @abhinavrakesh :)
I will take your words for the sound quality part of the headphones, but I am slightly apprehensive about the cups.
Are they comfortable for long hearing hours?
By the looks of it, they could be slightly uncomfortable to wear in summers. Your inputs please.
Samson is not much famous here in India, As it normally produce products for Studio use, If you ask someone who works in Studios/Recording then he can let you know about Samson products ..
Af fas as comfortable part, These are over ear headphones with Velour Pads, So these are very comfortable, However yes because these are closed back and covers your ear You will have to take them off after every 1.5 hours and so to let your ears get breeze of Air .. However in AC you can easily extend the listening time.

In winters I have used them for Straight 2 hours while playing FPS game and it was very much comfortable.

I see your location as Indirapuram also .. If you like you can Audition them before buying to see if it suits your needs ...

amitw79

Super User
Samson is not much famous here in India, As it normally produce products for Studio use, If you ask someone who works in Studios/Recording then he can let you know about Samson products ..
Af fas as comfortable part, These are over ear headphones with Velour Pads, So these are very comfortable, However yes because these are closed back and covers your ear You will have to take them off after every 1.5 hours and so to let your ears get breeze of Air .. However in AC you can easily extend the listening time.

In winters I have used them for Straight 2 hours while playing FPS game and it was very much comfortable.

I see your location as Indirapuram also .. If you like you can Audition them before buying to see if it suits your needs ...
Really appreciate that Abhinav. Yes, an audition will definitely help in my buying decision.
Please PM me what date/time/place suits you to meet up and let me have an audition. :)