Audiophiles on BCMT !

Trying to push my luck :)

Possible to have audition of your Sony MDR-V55 as well ? :) Although a but out of budget, but I can go for them as well after comparison
Sure you can check .. although you have to wait till monday, it is with my brother in law and can get it on monday ... :)

Headphones may be good, However I don't like them as they are not as Portable as an IEM, And today's IEM's are already surpassing the Sound Quality of Many Headphones.

As I used to go on Bike/Car trips, I needed something good, Portable that can be fitted in Pocket. I already have Sansa Clip+ with 32 GB of Card. However I was not able to get hold of any IEM because of Many Factors like "Money", "Comfort" and Top of all "Pleasant Sound/ Not Fatiguing"

Read lots and lots of Reviews about IEM's availaible in India, However some of them are expensive or not comfortable or fatiguing.

Then I came to know about VSONIC IEM's, I checked all the product range and Found GR Series somewhat big and might not be comfortable to wear while sleeping on Side. So didn't had any choice to get Shure SE215, But then VSONIC released VSD3S, Which is not much expensive.

Hence Ordered VSD3S (Black) from Snapdeal at price of 2600/- with Non-Detachable Silver Cable Version.

Here are some pics.

Right out of the Box, I thought these will be uncomfortable because of the Jewel Type design. However once i wore them they were very comfortable, I tried lying down from side and there was no pressure in ear.

Build Quality -

Build Quality is pretty Good. Only one CON i find as for now is No strain Relief at any Joint. VSD3S normally comes in detachable version, However due to some issues with Proprietry Connector, VSONIC released not detachable version.

Detachable version has Copper Cable.
Non-Detachable version has Silver/Silver Plated Cable.

Sound - After only 1 Hour of Listening. I may update after some more time.

Low End - Pretty much Clean, No Boominess, Accurate.

Mid - Pretty much Neutral, These are not Mid Forward or Vocal Forward.

High's - Crisp and Clear.

amitw79

Super User
Got myself first high-end (by my standards) headphones.... Audio Technica ATH-M50X and I am must say they have justified the money I have spent on them :)

I am not much into technical audio details but they produce exactly the kind of deep bass and sound clarity I have always looked for, so overall happy with the purchase.

They sound very good with my Dell and Sony laptop, not equally good with my Note 3 (might end up buying the portable amp for using with mobile), but then they sound much better with an iPhone 6, probably due to better quality audio hardware in an iPhone 6.

ATH-M50X.jpg

ISO

@abhinavrakesh and others

This question is regarding two channel stereo mainly for listening music on AVR

Yamaha advantage series RX A-850 AVR uses Burr-Brown DAC and Higher end Model uses ESS DAC

How is the quality of mid tone compared to Burr Brown vs ESS?

I have taken few demo here in Bahrain. I found mid tone sound to be little harsh on ESS than Burr Brown. Any pointers pl.

CrestlessWave

God Loves Bikers
Due to recent price reduction, I am seriously considering getting these:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/sony-sony-over-ear-noise-cancelling-wireless-headphones-with-mic-mdr1000x-b-black-mdr1000x-b/10482943.aspx

Anyone has any first hand experience with these?
They are really good. Noise cancellation is better than Bose QuietComfort 35, and looks better too.
I used them for a brief period and had troubles with the adaptive noise cancellation system. It behaves strange sometimes, even moving around could cause change in the muffing.

Acoustic performance of Bose is better, while Sony does provide a balance sound.

KurtRules

Come as you are!
They are really good. Noise cancellation is better than Bose QuietComfort 35, and looks better too.
I used them for a brief period and had troubles with the adaptive noise cancellation system. It behaves strange sometimes, even moving around could cause change in the muffing.

Acoustic performance of Bose is better, while Sony does provide a balance sound.
Really, better than the QC 35? I have been using the QC 35 for a year now, and the moment the NC turns on, the world goes silent. I thought they were the best there is out there!