Bajaj Avenger street 220 DTSi Fuel leak problem

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
From below carb pipe fuel leaking..
Please give advice what should I do ..
Which pipe ur talki bhai the thin transparent plastic one or the thick grye or black rubber one which connects with engin. A pic will help.
If it is the thin pipe which is connect to the carb' bottom most side and has a loose end which is just hanging. Than check there is a small screw just where it is connected to the carb see if it is open if yes close it leakage will stop if not get the carb checked. This pipe is called overflow pipe.
Or if the thick rubber pipe is leaky than check it for loose connection and cracks if it looks worn out just replace it.
Also note some bikes dont have a overflow pipe insted just the open nipple at the bottom of carb with a screw to drain the carb .

Mueed

There Are three open pipes. Transparent, the one you mentioned and one more thick pipe.. I guess the fuel leaks once the fuel is kept on when the bike is idle

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
There Are three open pipes. Transparent, the one you mentioned and one more thick pipe.. I guess the fuel leaks once the fuel is kept on when the bike is idle
Please explain and if possible do post pic as i have sold my bike so cant peep at the carb . Do explain the issue ur facing.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
I have a similar problem. Please help. Where should I connect this pipeView attachment 790844View attachment 790844
This is the carb drain pipe connected to the drain hole, this hangs openly like this. Make sure the drain screw is full closed.Post pictures form both sides i will mark the screw , its the bottom one smaller screw.
If closed and still leaking then it needs to be looked at.
Probably carburetor cleaning is required and it is to be make sure that float pin is working properly this is meant to drain the overflowing petrol.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

Last edited: