Bajaj Dominar 400 ABS ownership thread.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Got the number plates fixed today and the final bill and insuranc. But still no owner manual they are waiting for it to arrive , no dealership has got it yet.
But got to know that service intervals would be like d390 , could be better as i read somwhere intervals of 10000kms between sevices. Engine oil is synthetic guess same grade as duke .
No solution yet for clunky first gear few other owners are there as well and their first gear is also clunky shifted with thud but they have no problems with it. Bajaj guy told me that it would get bettervafter first service.
On they way back i was nicked on the exhaust by two excited guys in car , who were to busy checking my bike that they end up knocking it but i was able to save the fall so all good , they said sorry and i let them go.
And at karolbagh market many were busy clicking pics of my bike. Bike sure is a attention magnet.

Got the number plates fixed today and the final bill and insuranc. But still no owner manual they are waiting for it to arrive , no dealership has got it yet.
But got to know that service intervals would be like d390 , could be better as i read somwhere intervals of 10000kms between sevices. Engine oil is synthetic guess same grade as duke .
D390 uses motul 7100 10-40 FS and all bajaj bike claims 10k km interval with using bajaj dtsi engine oil which is completely rubbish.
bajaj have only two oil 20-40 and 20-50 (Semi). I think they will use bajaj oil 20-50

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
D390 uses motul 7100 10-40 FS and all bajaj bike claims 10k km interval with using bajaj dtsi engine oil which is completely rubbish.
bajaj have only two oil 20-40 and 20-50 (Semi). I think they will use bajaj oil 20-50
I hope they use motul 10-40.
Today i went to buy my first full riding jacket rynox air gt but the plastic part broke apart which is used at the elbow gaurd adjustment , so i hold my decision, might end up buying vega jk21 from amazon or snapdeal, or the Aspida jacket. Breezer 4s is lil above my budget as i also need new knee gaurds and gloves old ones are not in good condition due to non usage.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
I hope they use motul 10-40.
Today i went to buy my first full riding jacket rynox air gt but the plastic part broke apart which is used at the elbow gaurd adjustment , so i hold my decision, might end up buying vega jk21 from amazon or snapdeal, or the Aspida jacket. Breezer 4s is lil above my budget as i also need new knee gaurds and gloves old ones are not in good condition due to non usage.
@IJS -be very very choosy while buying jackets-plastic parts of almost all brands break sooner or later-3-5years is the average life-In my own Cramster jacket,the spine protector plastic broke when my son lay on it-I retrofitted a piece of HD foam in its place cut to size-better to buy reasonably priced jackets and keep replacing them than to buy a 20k piece and then crib about it not lasting long enough

If there is a SPIRIT,I RIDE it

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
@IJS -be very very choosy while buying jackets-plastic parts of almost all brands break sooner or later-3-5years is the average life-In my own Cramster jacket,the spine protector plastic broke when my son lay on it-I retrofitted a piece of HD foam in its place cut to size-better to buy reasonably priced jackets and keep replacing them than to buy a 20k piece and then crib about it not lasting long enough

If there is a SPIRIT,I RIDE it
Thanks for advice sir . And this is the same reason i want a economical jacket. I have seen guys using unbrander 600d jackets for under 4k and they perform good too. I would decide ater the grate indian sale starts on amazon.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Got the owners manual today warranty is 2years 30000kms, battery warranty is 18months.
Engine oil grade is 10w50 full synthetic bajaj dtsi 10000.
1st service at 500 to 750kms 30 to 45 days,
2nd 240 days 4500 to 5000kms,
3rd 360 days 9500 to 10000kms.
Forget to ask for the air filter Location and service ,it is not mentioned in the manual. Will ask that at 1st service or some diy guy will post a video.
Battery is under the rider seat.

Got the gear shift inspected by the dominar specific mechanic he was working on duke series before that. He told me the clunky ness is normal and it is present in all bike made me check 2 more bike and both have clunkyness and sound at 1st gear. He also said it would be better post 1st service and oil change.
P_20170119_180818.jpg
P_20170119_180731.jpg