Bajaj Dominar 400 ABS ownership thread.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Ride safe bros... Especially in and around Palghar area. A friend, woman biker lost her life yesterday :-(
Never tailgate any big vehicles. Let some car take the spot behind buses, trucks.
Real sad news got to know this today may she Rest in peace.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Second service done today at 4193kms . Went in bit early for the the second service as the diff in number of days from 2nd to 3rd service is very less. 2nd is 240 days from purchase and 3rd is 365 days.

Svc advised for oil topup but I insisted on getting new oil fill.
All the basic things are done at the service.
Oil change , oil filter, washing full chain clean and battery terminals lubrication(to prevent rust and acid).
Total bill is 1279 INR including gst. They charged for chain clean and lubrication this time which was free at first service.

Now for the new ECU updates.
Yes there is another update available file 116 for abs and 115 or 117 for non abs. I got mine updated with file 116. There is good Change in the character of the bike now. In gear acceleration is better than before I usually use 5th gear at 65kmph but today post update i was using only 3rd without the engine feeling any kind for stress.
And whatever jerks were present at lower gears are completely gone now and bike feels happy to go all the way in each gear.

Basically as per svc this update is only for the owners facing lag jerks and missing but i still got it done and yes there is improvement is overall feel.
And i recommend every owner should get this update.

Noted one more thing and would advice every one to do the same which is to clean the front sprocket at least once a month or at every second chain clean as it is a compact space and there is lot of muck which gets collected there and can make the bike chain run heavy and can result in some pulling kind of feel.

Bajaj is really working on this bike.

Overall everything is going good and smooth.
Below are pics of service invoice and random early morning pic of the Mockingbird.

Last edited:

Mandar_C500

Now for the new ECU updates.
Yes there is another update available file 116 for abs and 115 or 117 for non abs. I got mine updated with file 116. There is good Change in the character of the bike now. In gear acceleration is better than before I usually use 5th gear at 65kmph but today post update i was using only 3rd without the engine feeling any kind for stress.
And whatever jerks were present at lower gears are completely gone now and bike feels happy to go all the way in each gear.
Bajaj is going RE way, providing multiple ECU updates and 3 different spark plugs in the first year of launch.
Using customers for testing.:shock::shock::shock:

Reactions: IJS

Hemy

Hi Team,

I delivered my new Dominar today and i have certain questions on it.

I experience ghost throttle, when i ride in 4th gear at speed of about 38 KM. Where RPM increases on it own without my hand on accelerator and speed increases as well. Should i update ECU?

Second i have high beam indicator light showing ON on the secondary display. When i ride in day with just pilot lamps ON. When i switch on night mode and low beam the high beam indicator turns off. Is it a problem. Can any one help me out...

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi Team,

I delivered my new Dominar today and i have certain questions on it.

I experience ghost throttle, when i ride in 4th gear at speed of about 38 KM. Where RPM increases on it own without my hand on accelerator and speed increases as well. Should i update ECU?

Second i have high beam indicator light showing ON on the secondary display. When i ride in day with just pilot lamps ON. When i switch on night mode and low beam the high beam indicator turns off. Is it a problem. Can any one help me out...
Get the throttle body check and also the throttle play adjusted properly.
Sorry didn't get notifications for the post so couldn't reply earlier.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Bajaj is going RE way, providing multiple ECU updates and 3 different spark plugs in the first year of launch.
Using customers for testing.:shock::shock::shock:
Bajaj is taking this bike very seriously and each ecu remap is for betterment. Thus far nothing major in even first lot bikes.

And bhai what is the status of you FI dream bike.

Last edited: