Bajaj Dominar 400 ABS ownership thread.

adsatinder

explorer
Sold it a couple of days back , end of a wonderful chapter. As of now booked new.
Could be start of a new chapter of could a start break from motorcycling.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk
Scooty chalao !
Rashan Paani usi per aata hai.
Homework can be done best with Scooty only !
A Happy Wife !
LOL !

Reactions: IJS

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
Sold it a couple of days back , end of a wonderful chapter. As of now booked new.
Could be start of a new chapter of could a start break from motorcycling.

Which one did you book? I also have booked the 2019 dominar and waiting for the launch now. Any information on the launch date?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Which one did you book? I also have booked the 2019 dominar and waiting for the launch now. Any information on the launch date?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk
I have booked Interceptor 650. New Dominar launch date is 20th march as of now and delivers would be from March end , this is what i got from my source.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
*For the owners of Dominar 400. My Dominar feels choked with more fuel in the tank?*

Lately i have seen that many owners are suffering from power loss and choked feeling on the open road after few kms/hrs of riding.
And this has been reported to me by many owners that they face this when there is more fuel in the tank, say on full tank or when the tank is more than half full. This choked feeling or lack of pulling power is not experienced when the amount of fuel in tank is less.
When this happens the rider has to give more throttle input but still no proper feedback from the engine.
Since the weather is getting hot , i associates this with the vapour lock/ gas lock inside the tank. Since the fuel tends to get hot inside the tank and now with the bs 4 norm the tank cap is made fully air tight.

And now the problem arises as the tiny passage/ pipe/exit carrying the gases to the evap unit tends to fall short in providing proper escape to the vapours/gases inside the tank and in results creates a vaccum inside the tank which tends to choke the fueling system thus more throttle input is needed and the engine feels choked.

For the same one owner has visited my place last week i rode his bike and felt that there is something wrong with the play in clutch as he also experience loss of top end ( clutch play seems to be to tight at the engine end)and the bike does felt choked when it is hot and with good amount of fuel in the tank.

The sad part in all this is that he was told by a good service center to change the clutch plates but IMO it is not the prime need and the simple solution would be to un choke/clear the passage for the gases inside the tank to properly escape to the evap and other drain pipes .
For this, simple thing to do is to clean all the drain pipes going to and coming from the evap system and other drain and overflow pipe in the tank. Important thing here is the evap drain tube.
And more importantly i told him to remove the silicone/plastic washers from the underside of the tank cap. To do this u need to open the cap and look on the underside of it u will find 2 tiny screws and when u open this u will find springs and 2 white silicone/plastic washers when these are removed the 2 or 4 tiny holes are there which will now help in releasing the vaccum inside the tank.

Yesterday he went to the different workshop and the mechanic there echoed the same thing and he cleaned the tank drain holes with compressed air and removed the washers from the tank cap and he also corrected the play of clutch from the engine end which was actually a bit too tight.
And voila it does make a lot of difference and bike now runs freely and unchoked even with the tank full.
If any one of u are facing similar issues, do try removing those 2 tiny white washers from the tank cap and see if it helps.

And for owners of other bs4 bikes with evap system they can also try similar treatment and for pre bs4 bikes just clean the tiny holes u see on the bottom of the tank cap and keep the key slot clean.
Posting the pic of the washers in question.

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
2019 Dominar to be launched at Rs 1.73 L. Pricing is good for so many changes including significant bump in power. Waiting for delivery now. Dealer says around 15th April. Only problem is, only green and black may be available. I was looking forward for blue or red.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
2019 Dominar to be launched at Rs 1.73 L. Pricing is good for so many changes including significant bump in power. Waiting for delivery now. Dealer says around 15th April. Only problem is, only green and black may be available. I was looking forward for blue or red.
Unfortunately for now u can only get these two colors the other colors would takes time to arrive, i say go with black one. I spoke with senior manager of one showroom and he was also disappointed that red is not available from the start as most people are inquiring about red only.
Meanwhile i took delivery of my Interceptor 650 yesterday after a waiting for 70 days.

adsatinder

explorer
Unfortunately for now u can only get these two colors the other colors would takes time to arrive, i say go with black one. I spoke with senior manager of one showroom and he was also disappointed that red is not available from the start as most people are inquiring about red only.
Meanwhile i took delivery of my Interceptor 650 yesterday after a waiting for 70 days.

Congrats for Interceptor 650 !