Bajaj Dominar 400 ABS ownership thread.

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
The touring setup for my 2019 Dominar is complete even before the registration is done.

Saddle Stays: Sahyadri Moto for Rs 3,800 (including shipping), fitted at home.
Pillion Backrest: Carbon Racing for Rs 2,249 (including shipping), fitted at home.
Knuckleguards: KTM knuckleguards from Karol Bagh for Rs 1,000, got them fitted at the shop itself.

Also purchased Rynox Saddlebags from Chopra Automobiles, Karol Bagh.

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
Quick Review:

The motorcycle is 10 days old now and i have clocked close to 350 Kms in the city so far.

- The riding posture is slightly better than the previous generation and is more upright thanks to the raised handlebars. After market handlebar raisers are not required anymore. Apart from this, the ergonomics are same as the previous version.
- The sound is more bassy and turns heads when you crank the engine.
- The initial pickup is more or less the same as the previous version, but you do feel the increased power of 5 ps (from 35 ps to 40 ps) in the mid range. I have not taken the new bike into the top range territory yet but you do feel that it will do better than before there as well.
- The vibes are gone. Not sure about the top range as I am yet to test it there, but there are no vibes in the range of 3000 - 6000 rpm. Honestly, the buzz in the previous generation Dominar also didn't use to bother me at all. Some riders used to complain a lot about the vibrations in it but i was quite ok with it. The 2019 version has further managed to contain the little vibes that the previous generation had.
- The motorcycle delivered a Mileage of 30 Km/L in the first 275 Kms. I was easy on the throttle most of the times, barring a few revs here and there. It did include some bumper to bumper traffic though. I am sure the mileage will only get better on the highways and once the first service is done. I do not like to push the engine to its limits so I guess, i will save some fuel as well. :p
- The added gear shift indicator is of little use for me as I hardly look at it. However, the Dynamic Fuel Consumption (shown when ODO is selected) and Average Fuel Consumption (shown when either of the trip meters is selected) is certainly a big advantage. Dynamic Fuel Consumption indicator drops from 45 Km/L when you ride at a constant pace to 10 Km/L the moment you rev it hard. The best part is, it compels you to drive sanely.
- The only issue that i faced in the initial days is the weight of the motorcycle. It is a challenge to move it out of the parking lot. However, this was the case with the previous version also, so nothing new here. I guess its only a matter of time that I will get used to it.

I have not set the clock yet, so don't be surprised to see that daylight when the clock is showing 9:59 PM. :p

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Quick Review:

The motorcycle is 10 days old now and i have clocked close to 350 Kms in the city so far.

- The riding posture is slightly better than the previous generation and is more upright thanks to the raised handlebars. After market handlebar raisers are not required anymore. Apart from this, the ergonomics are same as the previous version.
- The sound is more bassy and turns heads when you crank the engine.
- The initial pickup is more or less the same as the previous version, but you do feel the increased power of 5 ps (from 35 ps to 40 ps) in the mid range. I have not taken the new bike into the top range territory yet but you do feel that it will do better than before there as well.
- The vibes are gone. Not sure about the top range as I am yet to test it there, but there are no vibes in the range of 3000 - 6000 rpm. Honestly, the buzz in the previous generation Dominar also didn't use to bother me at all. Some riders used to complain a lot about the vibrations in it but i was quite ok with it. The 2019 version has further managed to contain the little vibes that the previous generation had.
- The motorcycle delivered a Mileage of 30 Km/L in the first 275 Kms. I was easy on the throttle most of the times, barring a few revs here and there. It did include some bumper to bumper traffic though. I am sure the mileage will only get better on the highways and once the first service is done. I do not like to push the engine to its limits so I guess, i will save some fuel as well. :p
- The added gear shift indicator is of little use for me as I hardly look at it. However, the Dynamic Fuel Consumption (shown when ODO is selected) and Average Fuel Consumption (shown when either of the trip meters is selected) is certainly a big advantage. Dynamic Fuel Consumption indicator drops from 45 Km/L when you ride at a constant pace to 10 Km/L the moment you rev it hard. The best part is, it compels you to drive sanely.
- The only issue that i faced in the initial days is the weight of the motorcycle. It is a challenge to move it out of the parking lot. However, this was the case with the previous version also, so nothing new here. I guess its only a matter of time that I will get used to it.

View attachment 765043
I have not set the clock yet, so don't be surprised to see that daylight when the clock is showing 9:59 PM. :p
Good going Gaurav for now stay below 5.5k rpm and everything would be safe. keep updating.

ketika

Automobile Blogger
Just suggest me which is a better choice between Bajaj Dominar & Royal Enfield? I am looking to gift it to my brother but not able to decide which one I should select.

jammbuster

A Rebel, in pursuit of a memorable life ...
Just suggest me which is a better choice between Bajaj Dominar & Royal Enfield? I am looking to gift it to my brother but not able to decide which one I should select.
Eyes closed dominar.. but choosing bike is matter of heart not from mind...

It's like falling in love with someone....

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
If it is 650cc twin Re you are planning to gift then don't think go ahead , otherwise Dominar all the way. Telling you from first hand experience .