Bandhavgarh on the run...

Thank u all for the appreciation.
Its now to start our run again.
We looked around in silence trying to see as deep into the bushes as possible. Realised that it was our fear that was playing mind games on us and creating illusions that were to yet to come true.
The driver and the guide left us in the gypsy saying that they shl walk up a distance looking for the cell phone range and call for help.
What they did not realise was thier shifty eyes and body language was instilling fear in us by ever passing moment.
We reminded ourselves of the swelling tiger population in bandhavgarh which always made us extremely happy, but for now we hoped to go back without any tiger sighting.
After 15 long mins they came back,by then my son was singing to all the wildlife around. The guide said that we had to walk up to vultures point frm where they hope to find help as it was not safe to be in the gypsy on that trail.
They also said that it was just a small walk.
While on foot in dense jungle even a full grown sambha deer can seem dangerous.
We hesitantly got of the gypsy , hubby and bro took care of mom and dad while I carried my son and ran as fast as i cld. it was an incline and almosy half a km distance.
My head was all so clouded by the knowledge collect from the NG channel abt hunting skills. The cats zeroing down on the weakest , so that wld be my son the youngest or my old parents.
I remember it has been the longest half KM of my life...........

Attachments

We finally reached "Vultures point " and saw that we were on a cliff . WOW what better than being almost on the edge of a cliff from right out of the jungle. But for then we all were happy to sit down and catch a breath. Once we recovered from our run we looked around and it was mind blowing with lots of vultures around. And the view from the cliff is amazing.
We waited..............
During then i thought that what if a wild animal was to run towards us it was either the animal or the vulture..........
But i guess both of the species hv different taste buds.
Someone very dear to me often quoted " A vulture is a patient bird" I was always at a loss of finding the right situation the saying applied to.
Here i was and understood it all so well...........................

Attachments

Now lets get moving from vulture point.
After one hour another gypsy came and we all started our ride to the fort again with regained enthu.
The fort is awesome , I wld suggest everyone who visits these jungles shld come and see the fort. We all were very tired by then.
We then started back and on the way back again saw many pug marks but no news frm the cat.
Now the eve safari had begun and again we started rushing back to the gate to come back into the jungle for an eve safari. BUT then the jungle was really quite this evening , very few people had some sightings. After an eventfull day in its own way , we were tired and dissappointed ..........
Posting the pics of the few animals we saw on our way back.
Seemed like they too understood our condition well..................

Attachments

After the longest safari of our life time of abt 12 to 13 hrs at a stretch it called for some rest............
Our youngest nature lover was the first to jump and take his place for the rest of the night.....
Tomorrow shall be another day with new hopes to explore the forest of its hidden treasures.....

Attachments

Last edited:

subratseet

Subrat Seet
Wow. Superb narration. Superb captures of vultures in flight, jackle and the langoor. Superb.
Honestly, my Bandhavgarh hangover has not gone so far, though it is more than a month even. After seeing this MPtourism's pugmark bedsheet, it remind me that i am there. Thanks for sharing this.

Superb! Keep going. Wait for tomorrow for cat sighting.