Bangalore to Bareilly Road trip

satyawali

Bangalore to Nagpur, Over 1000k. For me it’s a little tough one and pushing it. I really can’t do it since I don’t drive after dark. It’s over 18-19 hours for that distance which I have done once. Udaipur to Chandigarh and I did feel a bit stretched. I also once did Pune to Bangalore but it was quite nice.
My rule of thumb is about an average of 55kmph for the distance including all food and photo stops. Door to door.
But many people I know have done the 19 hour drives.
Started 4:45AM and reached 6:30PM.. Maintained cruise of 140 almost all the way.. Super awesome roads.. Felt like driving in US..

satyawali

Started around 8:30AM from Gwalior and reached home at Bareilly at 2:30PM.. Did not go via Hathrus as planned, instead took Etah route. Roads were mix bag. Some section were 4 lane, some were single.. Traffic was typical of UP, had hard time negotiating overtake.. Happy that reached by 2:30 against Google prediction of 4:30PM.

3 days, Bangalore to Bareilly, 2150KM. Good to be home..

deepam

Super User
@satyawali
Nice to know that you made safely as planned
Which car you drove?
140 kmph maintaining is good speed, well now a days I do not like to maintain that speed.

Have a safe trip back to Bangalore. I liked your time planning. By the chance have you recorded the actual timings? If yes, I would like to see the planned Vs Actual.

You were really lucky, a delay of 4 days you would have got stuck in thundershowers. Telangana experienced heavy showers and at some places you would have temporary blockades.
I am not sure on return, when are you planning to travel; keep in mind probable change in Road conditions.

satyawali

@satyawali
Nice to know that you made safely as planned
Which car you drove?
140 kmph maintaining is good speed, well now a days I do not like to maintain that speed.

Have a safe trip back to Bangalore. I liked your time planning. By the chance have you recorded the actual timings? If yes, I would like to see the planned Vs Actual.

You were really lucky, a delay of 4 days you would have got stuck in thundershowers. Telangana experienced heavy showers and at some places you would have temporary blockades.
I am not sure on return, when are you planning to travel; keep in mind probable change in Road conditions.
I have XUV500 W11 Automatic AWD. Here is the actual time we recorded..
Yes, rains were very bad last week, hope from tomorrow we will get clear weather, specially at Pench..

1603768128947.png

satyawali

So we are back safely to Bangalore.. Started return journey from Ramnagar, Uttarakhand to Bangalore on 28th Oct and completed 2215KM trip in 2 days.

Originally we planned to cover this distance over 3 days just they way we went up north.. Plan was to complete Ramnagar - Narsignhpur (891 KM) on first day, Narsignhpur to Hyderabad (801 KM) on second day and Hyd to Blr (576 KM) on third day.

We maintained a good speed and energy level on day 1, we were supposed to reach Narsinghpur by 8PM but crossed it at 6:45PM so tried to cover more distance. Had some hotel numbers in Seoni handy and got room in Hotel Shivani Palace. Hotel is in middle of city, in busy market. Good rooms, fine for one night stay. Food was surprise, did not expect it to be so good. Reached Seoni at 8PM, after dinner slept by 10PM. Covered 1019 KM in 15 hours of drive. Almost non stop except one stop for home packed lunch at a patrol pump along with fuel.

Next day we started at 6:30AM, with 2 kids and a dog, it is very good. We calculated if we can cross Hyderabad by 2 PM than we shall be home by 8PM and that was a mistake of going by gut feeling rather facts (planned timing and previous experience of Blr - Bareilly journey).

Anyway we completed the journey of 1225KM on second day and reached home by 11:30PM after driving 17 hours which include 45 min break for lunch, 3 -4 small break for tea and stretching, solid traffic at entry and exit of Hyderabad & Kurnool and good wait time at 3 toll plazas.. May be because of a long weekend (30th Oct - 1st Nov) we got more traffic on 29th Oct.. With just one driver it was a big stretch, I am happy that we did it without much trouble expect I am completely exhausted. Sun was set by 6 PM and till 11:30 PM drive was in dark, bit tough. Key point which I learnt are, wipers are of no use to clean insets, better to clean wind shield manually with wet cloth. Take small stretching break every hour, task kids and wife to keep you awake and have lots of water. Have done enough day time long drive but this was first longest night drive.

Coming to Seoni Ghat section, here is the video link..

They have the barricade right after Seoni town on NH 44 where old town toad of Seoni meets NH44. They will ask to go to town, take NH 26 and then turn on NH 54 towards Katangi and then take NH 251 to merge merge back to NH 44 around Pauni. I requested them to let us go. This time they let me go without any facilitation charges. Here is the video.. The bad section is of around 3KM - 4 KM or may be less. I covered it in 8 minutes.

Back to journey.. I usually do not make note of toll, fuel, stay or food cost.. Here are some estimates

Toll
Bangalore to Bareilly around Rs 3000, total 27 toll plaza
Ramnagar to Bangalore around Rs 3200, total 29 toll plaza
Toll between two station can be found at Toll Plazas on a Map | NHTIS

Fuel
I took full tank around 7 times throughout the journey. I drive XUV 500 W11 Automatic and tank size is 70 liter and I get around 10KM of mileage with AC always on.

Food
Both time we packed day 1 food. At Nagpur for kids dinner, ordered from Pizza Hut (Zomoto).

We ate at Raghave Dhaba (राघव ढाबा) on Sagar bypass on day 2 journey. Good food. Dinner was at Shubhim Highway Treat (Shubhim Highway Treat) Gwalior where we stayed for night. Again good food but very slow service.
Day 3 we were at home by lunch time.. Picked up jalebi and Kachori from a road side stall near Taj at Agra, best breakfast in years.
While return, on day 1 ate dinner at Hotel Shivani (hotel-shivani-palace - Google Search) Seoni. Very good food and quick service.
On day 2, we ate lunch after Nirmal at Sri Sai Tea and Tiffin, did not note exact location. Nice food and very good coffee..

Road conditions
Throughout excellent. Easily can get average of 100KM or above per hour. While return after Hinganghat towards Adilabad there are potholes but manageable and still can maintain speed of 100 KMPH.

Covid
No stopping, no checking, no passes whatsoever anywhere. Not at borders nor at hotels. Masks is good for own safety. We were to Nainital for couple of days, went to market multiple times. The country is back to normal, just because our offices are allowing to work from home and Amazon is delivering at door step, we think world outside have stopped.. Nope, life is back to normal.

Attachments

Last edited: