Bangalore to Leh (August 2016) - Need to optimize the route

Hi,
We are planning our long awaited trip to Leh (for four of us it would be the second trip, first trip I did way back in 2009 by car) during Aug - Sept 2016. We will be going by 3 bikes (one Pulsar 220 DTSi, one Royal Enfield 350, one Yamaha Fazer) and 2 cars (one Tata Safari 2X4 and one Toyota Fortuner). 2 Bikes and Tata Safari will start from Bangalore and Fortuner will start from Delhi and meet us in Amritsar, and Fazer will be shipped to Amritsar. Below is our itinerary. Need your inputs to optmize it and regarding stay options. Planning to camp in Spangmik, Hanle, Karzok and Sarchu.

upload_2015-12-4_19-19-54.png

I went through the entire travelogue, could not find much about the route details. Anyways, we are planning to include Kutch and Jaisalmer in our route, so I need to revise the itinerary. Will post the updated one soon.

As I specified in my previous reply that I want to include Kutch and Jaisalmer as well, now below is my modified itinerary.

upload_2015-12-13_16-29-38.png

Please let me know if I am not being realistic or if there is a better way to plan it.

I want to change the Brake Assembly (both front and rear) to Bybre for my bike (Pulsar 220), how is that? Because sometimes I find the brakes not effective. These are the stock fit one (KMX). Also I need to change my tyres before going on trip. Current set has already done 30k+ kms (my bike has done 65k on the odo). Which tyre would be the best for those terrain?

adsatinder

explorer
I want to change the Brake Assembly (both front and rear) to Bybre for my bike (Pulsar 220), how is that? Because sometimes I find the brakes not effective. These are the stock fit one (KMX). Also I need to change my tyres before going on trip. Current set has already done 30k+ kms (my bike has done 65k on the odo). Which tyre would be the best for those terrain?
Can't comment on brakes.
@sanchit350 can tell better.

I hope you have alloy rim.
MRF ZAPPER TUBELESS will be best for you.

I will tell route map later.

Last edited:
I dont think you should swap assembly, its better to change Disk and brake pad with Dot 4 fluid.If you really want to change your brake assembly then switch to p200ns rear disk which is perfectly fit not sure about front brake. One of my friend change rear disk to 200ns one. You have to concerned with ASS mechanic and ask him which is fit. ktm200 has steel braided rear brakes and his front brake is 300mm.
Regarding tyres, Ralco speedblaster n MRF mogrip is best dual purpose tyre

Thanks Sanchit for the opinion. For brake assembly I will check with Bajaj service centre, where I get my bike serviced. For tyres, I will go and check for these? Any idea on prices?

adsatinder

explorer
As I specified in my previous reply that I want to include Kutch and Jaisalmer as well, now below is my modified itinerary.

View attachment 650186

Please let me know if I am not being realistic or if there is a better way to plan it.
Check Route here:

Bangalore - Gujrat:
http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/threads/bangalore-to-gujarat-and-back.62102/

Bangalore- Gujrat - Rajasthan
http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/threads/a-packed-trip-to-gujrat-and-rajasthan.63388/

Check some threads regularly:
http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/threads/hyderabad-delhi-preferred-route.53323

@suyash_tripathi ji can suggest route via MP & Maharashtra towards Hyderabad.
Thanks Sanchit for the opinion. For brake assembly I will check with Bajaj service centre, where I get my bike serviced. For tyres, I will go and check for these? Any idea on prices?

Last edited: