Bangalore to Varanasi On Scooty: Back to Home During Lockdown

psushant577

Sushant
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and I hope you will like it. I have been a member of this forum for the last four years, read a lot of posts, and planned my journeys. I always thought to give back to the forum by sharing my travel journey but never got time. Also, I manage my own blog so mostly I write on my blog, but deep down I always thought to write a travelogue here.

Before moving to the post I would like to introduce myself. My name is Sushant Pandey and I am from Jaunpur, a small city adjacent to Varanasi, the spiritual capital of India. In past, I have explored many areas in North India and now exploring south India after posted in Bangalore. One of the most memorable rides of my life is the 60 says solo ride of North-East India which I completed on Honda Activa 100cc and explored Assam, Mizoram, Nagaland, Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya, and Arunachal Pradesh in one go.

Coming back to post. It was the month of September and there was relaxation in Lockdown. I had the option to take a direct flight from Bangalore to Varanasi but deep down I wanted a long ride as it has been more than 5 months since I was on road. I was in a state of dilemma as riding more than 2000 kilometers during Covid times with no surety of hotels/accommodation was a challenging decision. Anyways I was sure I can do this as in past I rode on some of the challenging roads in India. So I took two days of leave from the office, clubbed it with Saturday & Sunday which gave me 4 days and I was ready to embark on another memorable ride of my life. Throughout the post I will be sharing the good and bad experiences I faced and why I term the ride as a memorable one. Here was the plan:

Day One(Thursday): Bangalore to Hyderbad: 600 Kilometers
Day Two (Friday): Hyderabad to Nagpur: 530 Kilometers
Day Three(Saturday): Nagpur to Katni: 390 Kilometers
Day Four (Sunday): Katni To Varanasi: 400 Kilometers

Here are a few photos of the ride and I will share more while sharing my ride on day to day basis.
Image 1.JPG
Image 2.jpg
Image 1.JPG
Image 2.jpg
Image 3.jpg
Image 4.jpg
Image 5.jpg
Image 6.jpg
Image 7.jpg
Image 8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
having done Bangalore to Allahabad on my RC 390, I can definitely relate to what a tremendous feat this is.

Congrats :)

psushant577

Sushant
This is awesome and inspiring.
How did the scooty on the long ride?
Actually this was not my first ride on Scooty. Previously I have done North East India on Honda Activa and therefore I was mentally prepared that I can do this journey on Scooter. Plus this time I was riding Aprilla which is more of a Bike and less of a Scooter.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Day Four Of Journey

Image 8.jpg

Lush Green Highway After crossing Nizamadab and entering Maharashtra.
Did you face any thing unusual in riding on cemented roads ??

I am not comfortable on cemented roads with round type tyres.
It glides left to right because of small lines / grooves in cement top finish.
I had this experience earlier in Rajasthan on Activa with MRF Zapper Tyre fitted at rear and front.

Sample image of grooves :
1618336403508.png

These groves can be at parallel distance as lines may be some machine is used for such finish..

Anyone faced this problem earlier on a 2 wheeler ?

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Did you face any thing unusual in riding on cemented roads ??

I am not comfortable on cemented roads with round type tyres.
It glides left to right because of small lines / grooves in cement top finish.
I had this experience earlier in Rajasthan on Activa with MRF Zapper Tyre fitted at rear and front.

Sample image of grooves :
View attachment 793490.

These groves can be at parallel distance as lines may be some machine is used for such finish..

Anyone faced this problem earlier on a 2 wheeler ?
On this type/ condition of road all two wheelers would do right left boogie woogie and it is normal to get sacred and have wet pants

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk