Beautiful Piyali

SujoyBarua

Musafir hoon yaaro ......
Piyali Island is one of the main entry points to the Sundarbans. Situated in a pollution free environment,

me and my frnd Nikilesh and 4 other frnds . planning for this south part of W.B one beautiful island name is Piyali,

as per google : Piyali is located at a distance of 75 km from Kolkata. While traveling by car, cross the Baruipur Railway gate and take the right hand road leading to Gochoron crossing. From there, drive to the Barasat crossing. Turn left to reach the Mohishmari crossing. If you are traveling by train, get down at the south Barasat station. Shared trekkers are available on the spot that will take you to Piyali Island.

but this time we are on motorcycle. me on my Karizma R, Nikilesh on his krizma ZMR and 4 RE, :)

You can drive to the Piyali Island after crossing a small bridge over River Piyali. The two rivers Matla and Piyali surround this island. The Piyali River actually flows through the Island and mixes with Matla River at a later stage. There is only one tourist lodge in this island but it has well-supported infrastructure for tourists.

INP Notes : piyali island

Address: South 24 Parganas, West Bengal 743329
Phone:094334 35181... from kolkata by road around 80km. road condition ok,

SujoyBarua

Piyali Island Tourist Lodge. Tel: 9433435181. Tariff - Double Bed Rs. 850. There are 19 double bed rooms at this tourist lodge.

SujoyBarua

The best time to visit Piyali Island is from October to March. Many migratory birds are also seen at Piyali Island during winter.

DSC_0017.JPG