Best movers and Packers needed !

sabyasachi

wanderer
Hie all,
I am shifting from Valsad to Dehradun.
Can you guys suggest some good movers and Packers for the same ?
Also, what are the criteria that I should look into ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

uturn

Super User
Hie all,

Try Agrawal packers & movers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
- Go with a truck having weather proof container for loading the stuff.
- Get the complete insurance.
- Commit some extra money (including data costs, etc.) at end of journey to driver/staff in truck to keep their Whatsapp live- location sharing enabled (and re-enabled!) after every 8 hours. Although this might be against policies of packer mover company. Have a word with them beforehand.

Rest, pray to God that everything goes well. :)

Rohit Kothari

Super User
Hie all,

Over a period of 12 years moving 4 cities and 10 homes, all I can say is that there is nothing like "BEST" in this industry. It all depends on the type of guys you get to perform your work. I have had some excellent experience with nondescript packers and worst with the so called best of industry. However, some pointers to help you out.

- First and foremost, ask 4-5 vendors to come and give you a quote based on the stuff you have. Also, ask them to bring along some samples for packaging, if possible. If they are helping someone move out in your vicinity have a look at the container and packaging being used. This would give you a basic idea.
- Ask for a dedicated load/container which would be covered and water tight. Also, ask them if they would allow you to lock the container with your lock (May not be possible with interstate move, I have done in a move within city).
- Make a list of all the stuff you have and categorize them eg: kitchen, living room, fragile etc etc.. This saves a lot of time on the day of packaging and moving.
- If possible transport no liquid like cooking oil or even hair oil. Even a small leak can cause damage to other articles in vicinity.
- Do not leave everything upon the packers and be involved when they pack and unpack. This way they are themselves more vigilant.
- Get insurance. Do not save money by not taking insurance. You will have some peace of mind in case of anything untoward happens while movement.

*** In the end it is not the company you call for packing and moving, but the guys you get for the work. Most standard companies use standard packing stuff and containers which does not differ much. Always supervise them assertively. Do not forget to tip them if they perform a good job.

sabyasachi

wanderer
Over a period of 12 years moving 4 cities and 10 homes, all I can say is that there is nothing like "BEST" in this industry. It all depends on the type of guys you get to perform your work. I have had some excellent experience with nondescript packers and worst with the so called best of industry. However, some pointers to help you out.

- First and foremost, ask 4-5 vendors to come and give you a quote based on the stuff you have. Also, ask them to bring along some samples for packaging, if possible. If they are helping someone move out in your vicinity have a look at the container and packaging being used. This would give you a basic idea.
- Ask for a dedicated load/container which would be covered and water tight. Also, ask them if they would allow you to lock the container with your lock (May not be possible with interstate move, I have done in a move within city).
- Make a list of all the stuff you have and categorize them eg: kitchen, living room, fragile etc etc.. This saves a lot of time on the day of packaging and moving.
- If possible transport no liquid like cooking oil or even hair oil. Even a small leak can cause damage to other articles in vicinity.
- Do not leave everything upon the packers and be involved when they pack and unpack. This way they are themselves more vigilant.
- Get insurance. Do not save money by not taking insurance. You will have some peace of mind in case of anything untoward happens while movement.

*** In the end it is not the company you call for packing and moving, but the guys you get for the work. Most standard companies use standard packing stuff and containers which does not differ much. Always supervise them assertively. Do not forget to tip them if they perform a good job.
Dada,
how do they calculate the insurance for my stuffs ?

Rohit Kothari

Super User
Dada,
how do they calculate the insurance for my stuffs ?
Based on the value of goods you declare in a reasonable amount. What I usually do is consider the goods that will cost me most to repair or replace in case of damages. And top it up with 15-20% for all other stuff. Based on this value you will get the insurance quote. Just declare a reasonable amount. Chances are, you might not need it. But it is always better safe than to be sorry.