Best route and road conditions- for mumbai to ajmer trip

Justtraveller

Any recent travel from mumbai to ajmer via ahmedabad ? Please share your experience-
How was traffic on mumbai abd highway- any reduction on number of truck etc ?
Since it is far from being back to normal - any impact on highway driving between mumbai- ahmedabad?
Does leaving early from mumbai (4.30 to 5.00 am) help in avoiding usual trucks/buses from vapi till about baroda ?

How is the route from Ahmedabad to ajmer? Which route is good ?
Leaving ahmedabad early (5.00 am) for ajmer can help ??

Would appreciate guidance/inputs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
I have travelled 3 times in last 2 years, always encountered truck traffic after vapi till Vadodara. All three times crossed Vasai creek between 8 to 10 in morning.

Ahmedabad to Palanpur have lot of bike and cars but you can maintain good speed all the way till Palanpur. After Palanpur the traffic is reduced considerably.

Mumbai to Ahmedabad and then to Ajmer won't be a hectic trip. Even if you leave after breakfast and drive in relax manner then in broad sun light you will be able to reach the destination.

crana66

Hi.
Thanks for your inputs
I intend to start around 4.30 to 5.00 am to avoid traffic. With ahmedabad stop over on day one ( for few social visits with distancing ). Second day also - intending for same time early start to enjoy driving at ease without any time constraints.
Appreciate your guidance.
Will message if any more guidance is required.

crana66

Hi,
Please guide.

Ahmedabad to ajmer - two routes available

1. Via himmatnagar -udaipur
2 via abu road ( without touching udaipur)

Any suggestion which is better.

I was advised -staying on national highways is better than going thru state highways ( SH) for wider( 4-6 lanes) and better roads.
Won’t mind extra few kms to drive for the sake of better roads.

Thanks.

Rishi Sinha

YatriOnWheels
Hi,
Please guide.

Ahmedabad to ajmer - two routes available

1. Via himmatnagar -udaipur
2 via abu road ( without touching udaipur)

Any suggestion which is better.

I was advised -staying on national highways is better than going thru state highways ( SH) for wider( 4-6 lanes) and better roads.
Won’t mind extra few kms to drive for the sake of better roads.

Thanks.

I traveled via abu road-Sirohi-Beawar-Jaipur to delhi from Mumbai last weekend. Take the abu road route, leave early to avoid traffic around mehsana, palanpur. There is an alternative via ambaji too for reaching abu road.

crana66

Thanks for the info.
I intend to start early between 4.30 to 5.00 am which i think should help to avoid traffic around those points.

ashish28joshi

HI All, I am planning to travel mumbai to jaipur on 6th nov, 20, however not able to decide which route to choose after vadodara?
1.Via godhara, shamalji, udaipur
2.Via abu road

I heard a lot of construction is going on NH to convert it into 6 lane and travelers suggested to avoid abu raod one ?