Best Route From Kolhapur to Goa..

Goanbychoice

Goan by choice...
Hello,

This time I will be going by road to goa and there will be a stay of night in Kolhapur. Till kolhapur there is by default road from Mumbai but I am bit confused about the road further to Goa.

There was hilarious experience I had last time from Kolhapur becuase of some stupid fellow. Me & my car both got spondylosis due to Jungle safari we had. I don't know where we headed but that was a nightmare.

Anybody recently travelled to Goa via Kolhapur please suggest some better route..

The one which google suggest is via ajra phata - amboli

Mayur

uturn

Super User
Hello,

This time I will be going by road to goa and there will be a stay of night in Kolhapur. Till kolhapur there is by default road from Mumbai but I am bit confused about the road further to Goa.

There was hilarious experience I had last time from Kolhapur becuase of some stupid fellow. Me & my car both got spondylosis due to Jungle safari we had. I don't know where we headed but that was a nightmare.

Anybody recently travelled to Goa via Kolhapur please suggest some better route..

Mayur
Kolhapur-Sankeshwar-Ajara-Amboli-sawantwadi-Mapusa.
As road after tawandi ghat towads ajara is in bad shape go via Sankeshwar.
Problem is from Sawantwadi-Panjim lot of diversions & traffic slows down the pace.
If heading towards south goa then go via belgaum -chorla-madgaon/panjim.

Sorry for the late reply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amolpg

Hello,

Mayur
It would depend on which part of Goa you are visiting:
If its north goa (Mapusa, Panjim, Old Goa) then Kolhapur, Sankeshwar, Gadhhinglaj, Ajara, Sawantwadi, Banda, Mapusa
NH47 all the way till Sankeshwar
You have to pass through Gadhhinglaj town so that would slow you down a little especially if its market day
Another option is Kolhapur, Nipani via Tawandi ghat but Goa ves to Uttur road is in bad shape for 3-5 kms
In short, it would take you same amount of time :)

If south goa (Ponda, Madgaon) then Kolhapur, Belgaum, Chorla, Ponda