Best Times To Cross Vasai Creek

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by Theloststory, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Theloststory

Theloststory Active Member

The Vasai Creek Bridge is in terrible shape,. They release one way traffic only for 30 minutes or more at a time while the other side has to wait. Last night I had to wait for over 85 minutes before I could cross. I suspect at night truck traffic is released and that must be causing additional rush.

Is anyone aware of a good time to cross this Vasai Creek Bridge when traffic is the least?

2. Sachin Jatkar

Sachin Jatkar Well-Known Member

I was stuck for around an hour recently. Not my regular route so not sure of the best time.

3. pcpranav

pcpranav Member

I daily face this traffic mess, going towards Thane side and coming back in evening. Usually the traffic is released every 15 min from each sides. In the morning times (8-9 AM), its pretty much ok to wait for 15-20 min. But the wait could easily increase to 30-45 min in the late evenings.

if you are coming from Mumbai side (going towards Thane or Virar side), just for the ref, technically, there is an internal road, which could take you direct at the signal (cross-way) of Hotel Fountain. The road quality is not that great (best to avoid in monsoons), and not a broad one. Even this one sometimes becomes crowded, and often jams have occurred, so take caution.
    https://goo.gl/maps/3J7wyQGCCDM2

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  4. Theloststory

Theloststory Active Member

Thanks. I think in the late evenings, with the release of truck traffic, it becomes a nightmare. Anyone know by what time the bridge work will be completed?