Bhutan / North East in June end July

mitz

Dear BCMT’ians,

Posting here after a long time.

I have around 16 days in my hand from June 22 to July 7, 2019 for a driving/riding trip ex Mumbai with my wife.

I have ridden to the Leh, Zanskar, Spiti etc. in 2012, 2014, 2016 and 2017 and as such covered JK, HP and UK states generously so I’m really not inclined to travel north again although I’m in love with those circuits. As opposed to that, I have never travelled to North eastern states or Bhutan/Nepal although it’s always been a dream to ride/drive cross country.
Now I’ve spent last two weeks doing my research and noted that it really isn’t advisable to travel to Bhutan or North Eastern States of India in June/July due to heavy rains and landslides. While I’m all for decently rainy adventures, my only concern is to not end up in a washout of a trip due to heavy rains. I tried finding some travelogues of people visiting North East or Bhutan in July August but not much luck.

I seek your expert guidance and suggestion whether I should even consider Bhutan/ North east or look for alternative circuits. I’ve travelled extensively to North, West and South India so not much inclined considering the 2 weeks + slot that I have. I’m half happy to consider Auli, Dalhousie, Dharamshala, Khajjar, McLeodganj, Nainital etc. as an alternative in case the members here suggest North East or Bhutan not so viable.

PS: Depends on the final itinerary but I have an option of either riding my 6 year old CBR250A 40k kms run or driving < 1 year old Abarth Punto 5k kms run. I know none of these two vehicles are very off road friendly, hence avoiding any thoughts for circuits akin to Spiti or Zanskar.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Regards,
Mitz