Hum Hum Hain...!
Thank you so much - but I just talked to couple of agents over there. They are flatly denying of getting me a permit because I'd be a solo traveler. And again after that they are saying like - "Aa jaaiye, we'll arrange".
not getting much confidence.
The chances of getting a permit for a solo traveler are slim. Follow the link below to know what happened with me
To Save time, Ill put in a few pointers below:
1. Go with a mindset that you'll get your permit rejected. Apologies for demoralizing, but its better to prepare for the worst.
2. Be prepared to answer baseless questions about your religion, your family, your profession and what not.
3. NEVER EVER UTTER THE WORD "BUSINESS" IN PHUENTSOLING. All in all, they would assume that you're here for business, no matter what.
4. Have a confirmed booking with you. Take printouts. Email confirmation would not do. The best would be to request the hotel to send you a scanned copy of the reservation on their letterhead, stamped and signed.
5. Reach before 9:00 am BST. 8:30 IST.
6. NEVER EVER SAY YOU'RE A BIKER. Else, get your permit rejected straight away. Do not dress up like one. Better dump your luggage at the hotel and dress soberly.
7. Government are least helpful managing the most chaotic immigration office I've ever seen. Its crowded, haphazard, mis managed.
8. Government officials and some policemen are simly hostile against Indian tourists.
9. Polighteness and a smile is the key to get things done. Be ready to lose your self respect.
10. They won't give a f*** during their lunch hour. Hostility increased 2 folds. Be ready to face a cold shoulder at 1:00 pm BST.
11. RSTA and immigration office close at 3:00
12. Carry photocopies of all your documents in advance. A couple of passport size photographs too. And I say again, Do not forget the hotel booking printout.
13. Most important thing: IF THIMPHU-PARO IS WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT, DON'T GO. Its just not worth all the hassle. Better explore the North East.
14. Make sure while exiting you surrender your permit. No body will stop you, its your duty. I've heard stories of people being fined 20000 and the likes on the next visit just because they did not surrender the permit the last time.
If any further assistance is required, lemme know. Below is the link to my channel just in case you wish to know what's in store for you: