Bhutan Permit procedure

sanuroxz

Super User
In case I procure the entry permit well in advance before starting from Calcutta and halt at Siliguri for the first night, is it possible to reach Paro on the second day? On the second day I plan to leave Siliguri early, say by five in the morning, so that I may reach Phuntsholling by 10 O' clock and collect the required vehicle permit from the RSTA office on my way to Paro. How much time is normally required at this RSTA office, if I reach there by ten in the morning? :confused:
Yes Rahul its absolutely possible.
Say for example you are arriving in Phuentsholling at 10 AM and take 2 hours to get your vehicle permit.
So maximum by 1 PM if you are starting from Phuentosholling you can reach Paro in 5-6 hours.
As per my knowledge RSTA office takes maximum 2 hours to give you the permit.

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
In case I procure the entry permit well in advance before starting from Calcutta and halt at Siliguri for the first night, is it possible to reach Paro on the second day? On the second day I plan to leave Siliguri early, say by five in the morning, so that I may reach Phuntsholling by 10 O' clock and collect the required vehicle permit from the RSTA office on my way to Paro. How much time is normally required at this RSTA office, if I reach there by ten in the morning? :confused:
You are using Bike or Four Wheeler ?

If bike it will be touch and go largely depending upon your driving style - You may want to pre-book your accommodation in that case - last thing you need is to roam around in dark looking for an accommodation after a hectic ride

Four wheeler would be comparatively smoother ride under given circumstance

Rahul4640

You are using Bike or Four Wheeler? If bike it will be touch and go largely depending upon your driving style - You may want to pre-book your accommodation in that case - last thing you need is to roam around in dark looking for an accommodation after a hectic ride
Four wheeler would be comparatively smoother ride under given circumstance
No bike Sir. I shall be accompanied by my wife and fourteen year old daughter and shall very much like to drive my car all the way from my home in Calcutta.

Rahul4640

Then not a lot of issues. When are you starting?
I plan to visit only at the last week of March. Actually my daughter is appearing in her school leaving examination (ICSE) this year and till now I am not very much sure of the exact dates of her exams getting over.

smoothwanderer

rahul 4640 please do start an itinerary for your bhutan trip as i too am planning a trip to the land of the thunder dragon in may.

riteshnets

Hi There , I am planning a trip from jamshedpur to Bhutan with my wife around feb end /march early.Would be driving in a chevy spark ,she is not a driver,any inputs on route,halts and insights would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
Hi riteshnets

can you be more specific about ur intended plan, number of days in hand for Bhutan, your driving experience and so on