Bhutan Permit procedure

riteshnets

Hi Dimitrz,

looking to start around 28th feb,quiet flexible on dates,and intend to spend 5-6 days max.Can do 800 kms /day approx.I need the safe/fast route from jamshedpur ,since would be my first trip up north-east.

sanuroxz

Super User
Hi Ritesh if you have only 5-6 days to spend in bhutan then concentrate on Thimphu,Paro mainly.
Go slow enjoy each bit/

tintin63

Guru
+1 to sanuroxz

5-6 days should be good enough for Par-Thimpu. You can also add Dochu la - Punakha and Wanngdu. And possibly Phobjikha valley can be covered too.

riteshnets

Thanks Sanuroxz and Guru.Taken note.Can any one provide insight in to the route that i should prefer to Jaigaon ,GPS shows JSR > Dumka > Bhagalpur > Purnia > Islampur >Siliguri > jalpaiguri >Maynaguri >Phuentsholing . I Have never been on this route earlier ,infact never been north of Jamshedpur .So any inputs on this route would help me decide the journey.

Thanks.

sanuroxz

Super User
One thing i can add is Siliguri to Phuentosholling road is not smooth at some places. Really bad in condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Its very cold right now in Bhutan just be prepared specially in Paro.

tintin63

Guru
I haven't traveled on the route that you intend to travel, hence can't offer any suggestions.
I guess you also have a thread in the itinerary section. Post comments/ask question on that thread. More likely to get a reply there.
Exactly how many days would you have in Bhutan? I'll post a couple of itineraries for you.

Mods: Can the last few replies be shifted to the thread riteshnets had originally started in the itinerary section?
http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/international-itineraries-f93/bhutan-jamshedpur-query-t57195/