Bhutan Permit procedure

asishdas

1. No, Visa application form is different than that of ENTRY PERMIT FORM. Here is the link from where you can download the Entry Permit Form: http://jaigaontourandtravels.com/userfiles/file/entry_permit_application_form.pdf
2. I have no idea. But I doubt whether they will accept the application so many months before your proposed journey date. I suggest you approach them not before 15-20 days ahead of your proposed journey date.
3. When I went to Bhutan, the Entry Permit used to be issued from the their Dum Dum Nagerbazar Consulate Office. But I was told that recently they had started issuing these Permits from their Trivoli Court Office. I have no personal knowledge on this.
Hope, this helps.

cshah50

Hi,
We are planning to visit Bhutan. as per current plan we would be reaching Phuentsholing on Sunday (4th Oct. 2015) morning around 10 am .
Need to know if the permit office/immigration office is open on Sunday

is there any way to oragnise permits in advance..

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Chirag Shah

sanuroxz

Super User
Hi,
We are planning to visit Bhutan. as per current plan we would be reaching Phuentsholing on Sunday (4th Oct. 2015) morning around 10 am .

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Chirag Shah
Hello Chirag
Officially Permit office is closed on Sundays...
But a small make shift office used be open in the morning near the permit office...
I have heard there are so many agents who can arrange permit for you.. though its not first hand experience for me...

Point Zero

Hi Chirag,

I did it on Sunday itself. The immigration officer reach office at 10:00 AM. If you reach there by 9-9:30 AM then it will be faster as taking photographs, and documentation will be done before 10:00AM.

It is very simple and 30-45 mins job to get the permission done.

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/attachments/tkd_3456-jpg.612693/

See the permit date is 19th april .. Sunday

--------

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Chirag Shah

cshah50

Hi Chirag,

I did it on Sunday itself. The immigration officer reach office at 10:00 AM. If you reach there by 9-9:30 AM then it will be faster as taking photographs, and documentation will be done before 10:00AM.

It is very simple and 30-45 mins job to get the permission done.

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/attachments/tkd_3456-jpg.612693/

See the permit date is 19th april .. Sunday

--------
Thanks this is very helpful.... We hv been getting confused for this.... Thanks a lot

asishdas

One of my friends, who wanted to procure Bhutan Entry Permit, asked me where he can get this Entry Permit in Kolkata. Initially and spontaneously I told him to go to Bhutan Consulate at Mall Road (we got our Permit from this place only). But on a second thought, I recall that somewhere I had read that now a days the Permit is being issued by another office (and this office is also a part of Bhutan Consulate in Kolkata) located at Trivoli Court, near Max Muller Bhavan. Accordingly I had told him to go to Trivoli Court office instead. On the same day evening the friend of mine came back to me, in a very angry mood. It appears that as per my advise he had gone to the Trivoli Court office; but he was asked to go their main Consulate at Mall Road!

My friend had not yet gone to the Mall Road Office; and therefore I am not in a position to confirm the correct status as on date. Any one can through any light on current status, please! Thanks.

noidea

Permits for individuals can be procured on Sundays. Not so sure about vehicle permit. In all likelihood, you will have to wait until Monday for your vehicle permit, in case you are taking your own vehicle.

Best of luck and have a great trip.

rick

we have any options in Samdrup Jongkhar, for Bhutan Permit ?

without Phuentsholing
any another place

Dimitrz

Reclaim your life
we have any options in Samdrup Jongkhar, for Bhutan Permit ?

without Phuentsholing
any another place
As far as I know Samdrup Jongkhar is only an exit point and no entry allowed to tourists from there unless they have some special permit ( Special Cases).
Other than Phuentsholing you can get permits from Paro as well provided you arrive by flight.

Last edited: