Bike recommendation...Dominar 400 OR Honda CB300R

vishalgoyal98

Dr. Strange
Hi Guys, I am a new member at BCMTouring.

About myself: Live in Mumbai, working in IT. Currently drive Pulsar 150 Dtsi, Tata Safari Dicor 2.2 4x4, TVS Jupiter. Am 42 Years old and have not have too much travel in last 8 years due to family commitments (my lovely daughter turned 11 couple of months ago) and now feeling the itch to spread my wings. Have been reading lots of travel blogs in last month or so (and feeling slightly jealous with you all for having such wonderful experiences) and thankful to you for sharing them.

I have decided to buy a touring bike as I love travelling - driving...biking...or anything which takes my out of my daily humdrum. I have just received my home ministry's (aka wife) approval to buy a bike. Need your suggestions as to which one should I go for. I have narrowed down to Dominar 400 and Honda CB300R but unable to decide. This is not to say that any other suggestion are not welcome as I am new to this segment and would need all the help I can get. I am looking at price range of 2 to 3 lacs with high capability / less troublesome / medium acceleration (100 to 120 kmph).

Thanks in Advance

Reactions: IJS

vishalgoyal98

Dr. Strange
Preferably and most of the time alone...and sometimes with wife. Also I will also be using it as my daily commute also in the city

Admin01

Administrator
I feel Dominar 400 would be a better bet, with even 390 Duke being a better option than Honda CB300R.

Unless of course, you do not want go for the rev happy bikes and would prefer riding something more refined and smooth.

Ultimately though, it is best to test ride any bike you are planning to buy.

Reactions: IJS

vishalgoyal98

Dr. Strange
Thank You Yogeshji.....I was also leaning towards Dominar. Please let me know if any of other member has an experience on Dominar and would not mind me contacting them through DM.

gauravtalan

A Mile With Us
I have recently booked Dominar 2019 and should get the delivery as soon as it launches next month. Will use it for mainly for touring. It has significantly more power (40 bhp) than the previous model (35 bhp). Issues like vibrations, stiff suspension, lose mirrors etc. have been sorted. So go for it as it has certainly evolved to be a better product in the last two years.

Admin01

Administrator
See if wheelstreet.in or similar renter has Dominar available. It would end up costing you money and it won't likely be as good as a new bike. However, you can take it on a long ride and get a feel of the ergonomics.