Bike Trip from Delhi to Dwarka (Gujarat) and Back.

Well after much planning and rescheduling we finally started our 9 day ride to Delhi - Dwarka - Delhi.

Me and my friend were planning this trp since last few months and Initially wanted to go in Mid March as the Weather was good, but due to some personal reasons we had to reschedule the trip to 1st Week of April. I was sort of concerned as we will be driving through Scorching Rajasthan and Gujarat anyways.

DAY 1 ---- Delhi to Deogarh on way to KumbhalGarh ( 621 KM's)

We planned to leave early morning around 5 in morning to avoid April Sun, but some unforeseen delay caused us to start around 8 AM.
First leg of the journey was uneventful we rode/sailed from Delhi to Behror (141 KMS) in almost 2.5 hours.

Had a nice lovely Breakfast at Roadside Dhaba(Parantha's, Curd and Tea) to set the mood right.
With Full stomach we started the ride again and munching up KM's like anything.

By this time it was almost noon and Sun started to show its full glory. Due to rise in temp. we decided to take a 10 mins hydration break every 1.5 to 2 hours of ride.

Without any issues we were able to cross Ajmer and then the GOD of HUNGER made his present felt.
We decided to drive another 15 kms and look for good dhaba etc.

As luck would have it we spotted a Resort close to Highway (Somewhere between Ajmer and Beawer).
Checked with the security guys if they served food too. He mentioned there is some private party going on so we might not be allowed but agreed to check with manager inside.

Luckily the Manager agreed to let us in, upon agreement that we will be sitting in a different area.

That area provided to us was a small party hall which could easily accommodate 25 people :). With couple of Sofa's and all.
It was like Heaven for us in the scorching heat. After having one of the best food and a quick power nap.

It was almost 5 PM by now and we had traveled 450 KM's by now.

Our initial plan was to ride 500 KMS a day only so we were happy that we are way ahead of target.
We decided to ride till Deoghar and make it a halt for the night, that meant another 80+ Km's in 1.5 hours of ride. (Easily achievable we thought.)

But what is riding without making mistakes, we both forgot to check GPS for next directions and kept riding the same HIGHWAY for another 25 KMS and were surprised that we are still no where near our destination and then senses prevailed of checking with Mr GPS.
We had to take a U Turn and ride back 25 KMS to the same place where we had our Lunch it was above 6 by now and sun started to go down.

My friend was hesitant to drive after Sunset on narrow village roads due to low visibility and other reasons. (He had heard stories of Rajasthani Villagers sometimes looting the travelers).

Any ways we decided to drive till Deogarh, upon reaching Deogarh around 8 PM, the locals suggested we will find decent hotels in a place called Gomti Chowk, we agreed to stretch our luck and drive another 20 odd KM's.

Finally around 20 KM's or so of riding we located a shining light far on the road side and were happy to see the only HOTEL.. and without thinking twice we decided to take a break for the night.

Overall it was a good day of riding, we drove almost 621 KMs in a day (much more than we planned too ).
Time for Calling Home and letting them know that we are alive. Had dinner and made Plans for next day.

Please share your feedback...

Last edited:

Gaurav Dutt

ॐ नमः शिवाय
Amazing trip.
Please tell me how did you manage to save your butts. As I know sitting as a pillion or riding a bike for long hours had an immense effect on the lower part of the body, or did you take gel pads with you? Please enlighten me on this. Thank you.

Amazing trip.
Please tell me how did you manage to save your butts. As I know sitting as a pillion or riding a bike for long hours had an immense effect on the lower part of the body, or did you take gel pads with you? Please enlighten me on this. Thank you.
Well after experiencing the very first ride, I realized that something needs to be done to save the Bottoms from this torture.
I had multiple options to choose from

1. Custom Seats from Khajanchi _(Karol Bagh) decided against it as I did not want to spoinl the factory fitted look of my RE.
2. GEL PADS
3. Fego Float Air Cushion

Fego Float had great reviews on Amazon and I opted for it.
have never faced any issue using this product on multiple rides till now (Definitely Recommended)

adsatinder

explorer
Well after experiencing the very first ride, I realized that something needs to be done to save the Bottoms from this torture.
I had multiple options to choose from

1. Custom Seats from Khajanchi _(Karol Bagh) decided against it as I did not want to spoinl the factory fitted look of my RE.
2. GEL PADS
3. Fego Float Air Cushion

Fego Float had great reviews on Amazon and I opted for it.
have never faced any issue using this product on multiple rides till now (Definitely Recommended)
Please show us your image during trip.

FEGO Float No Back Pain Air Suspension Seat Add-on for Bikes (Black)

by FEGO

3.9 out of 5 stars 334 customer reviews

| 207 answered questions

Amazon'sChoicefor "fego float air suspension seat"

M.R.P.:₹ 2,199.00
Price:₹ 1,915.00 FREE Delivery. Details
You Save:₹ 284.00 (13%)
Inclusive of all taxes

1567763379025.png

1567763468182.png

or

FEGO Float - Air Suspension Seat Add-on for Back Pain and Safe Pregnancy on Roads (Turkish Blue)

by FEGO FLOAT

3.1 out of 5 stars 29 customer reviews

| 6 answered questions

M.R.P.:₹ 2,499.00
Price:₹ 1,799.00 FREE Delivery. Details
You Save:₹ 700.00 (28%)
Inclusive of all taxes

1567763161908.png

FEGO Float - Air Suspension Seat Add-on for Back Pain and Safe Pregnancy on Roads (Turkish Blue): Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

Sorry for the delay in posting Day 2 details, I was on another memorable trip to BHUTAN.

UPDATED with DAY 2

Day 2 > Destination Planned > KumbhalGarh Fort and Ahmedabad

Fresh start to Day 2 we planned to Reach Ahmedabad after visiting Kumbhal garh Fort.
Early morning breakfast and after a few pictures of the Hotel.

We were ready to ride till Kumbhalgarh.
Due to covering a lot of KM's the previous day, today's ride to Kumbhal Garh was easy, around 1.5 hours ride on village roads. Roads were in decent condition, but very narrow we could not drive more than 50 KMPH. Things were going very smooth. but our 1st challenge awaited us, just 1 KM before the Fort I smelled burning rubber. On investigating, one of the Nylon loops from my saddle bag was loose and got stuck in chain sprocket. Due to tension between Nylon loop and chain socket it was rubbing against the Tyre and causing burning smell. We caught it in nick of time else dont know what could have happened. Good things is not much time was lost in all this.

Reached the Fort around 10.30 AM and the entry to fort was majestic and add the Royal Enfield Thump under the Entrance Gate was something amazing.

Parked our vehicles and here comes another issue as we were going to be inside the fort for at least 2-3 hours should we leave the saddle bags and other stuff loaded on the Bikes.

We were worried because as we entered the gates on Bikes local people stared at us like we are some Aliens (Elbow Guards, Riding Pants, Knee Guards, Jacket, Helmet with Action Cam Mounted, Gloves and Bluetooth Intercom). After some discussion with Parking attendants they suggested to carry the stuff inside and leave it with the Cafe Inside.
It worked out well.

Sharing some Kumbhalgarh pictures, definitely worth a Visit.

Out from Kumbhalgarh fort the Hunger and Thirst Monsters came calling due to April Heat. There were few decent eating joints near the fort, we selected one @ random. The lunch was tasty and after filling our stomach our Journey towards Ahmedabad resumed, it was almost 7 hours drive and we were hoping to reach by 9 PM.

Ride was not easy due to scorching heat but we managed to make it to Ahmedabad city keeping us hydrated (Sugarcane Juice, Lassi and other drinks).

Found a nice hotel at good reasonable price due to Deal finding skills of my friend. One thing we noticed after entering Ahmedabad was almost no one wearing Helmets and even cops didn't seem to care that much and people respected the speed limit.

The hotel guys informed us of Manek chowk for local food @LATE NIGHT MARKET (This market opens up at 9 PM and stays alive till 2-3 AM in morning). Me and my friend decided to visit the market to explore and we decided not to wear any helmets and let the night time breeze hit us. After all we were driving 2 days straight with full riding gear on in Scorching heat.

Driving without helmets and any other gear was like freedom.

Visit to the market was a great decision even at 10 PM, it was in full swing. People were there with families and no one was staring at anyone (Delhi guys can understand what I am trying to say here).

After having a couple of delicious things we retired to or hotel for rest.

Next day plan was to Visit local Ahmedabad and leave for Somnath by 2 PM (Another 4-5 hours drive).
------------------
View attachment 773658View attachment 773659View attachment 773660View attachment 773661View attachment 773662View attachment 773663View attachment 773664View attachment 773665View attachment 773666View attachment 773668

Last edited:

adsatinder

explorer