Bikers Of Assam Maha Roadtrip 2 - International

Madhurjya Bindass Axomia

Bikers Of Assam
After the successfull http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/travelogues-east-north-east-india-f64/bikers-assam-maha-roadtrip-2013-sivasagar-kaziranga-tezpur-itanagar-ziro-majuli-t55749/ now we are planning to visit Bhutan in our next roadtrip called " Maha Roadtrip 2 International " from 2nd to 8th October 2014

We will start our journey from Duliajan, Assam till Taktsang, Paro aka Tiger's Nest Monastery, Paro.

Here is the route plan

Day1 Duliajan to Guwahati - 500kms

Day2 Guwahati to Jaigaon - 450kms

Day3 Jaigaon - Phuentsholing - Thimphu - 150kms

Day4 Thimphu - Paro (visit Tiger' Nest) - 70KM

Day5 Paro - Thimphu ( visit Buddha Point ) - Phuntsholing 220KM

Day6 Phuentsholing - Jaigaon - Guwahati 500KM

Day7 Guwahati - Duliajan 500KM

Now we need some expert advice on the following

1. Does the immigration office in Phuentsholing opens everyday.

2. Where to exchange the currency,
1rs = 1nu right.

3. Normally how much time does it take to visit Tiger Nest

4. We have plans to visit Buddha Point & Tiger Nest Monastery. What else we must include.

sanuroxz

Super User
To answer your query

1. Immigration office is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Though i know few guys who got their Permit on both the days.You should be lucky.

2.No need to exchange Currency.
1 Rs= 1 Nu ..correct

3. It depends upon your fitness ..keep in hand 5 hours for up and down

4. There are lots of things to cover in Thimpu and Paro.
I will give you the details later.

Hope this helps.
Any other queries let me know

After the successfull http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/travelogues-east-north-east-india-f64/bikers-assam-maha-roadtrip-2013-sivasagar-kaziranga-tezpur-itanagar-ziro-majuli-t55749/ now we are planning to visit Bhutan in our next roadtrip called " Maha Roadtrip 2 International " from 2nd to 8th October 2014

We will start our journey from Duliajan, Assam till Taktsang, Paro aka Tiger's Nest Monastery, Paro.

Here is the route plan

Day1 Duliajan to Guwahati - 500kms

Day2 Guwahati to Jaigaon - 450kms

Day3 Jaigaon - Phuentsholing - Thimphu - 150kms

Day4 Thimphu - Paro (visit Tiger' Nest) - 70KM

Day5 Paro - Thimphu ( visit Buddha Point ) - Phuntsholing 220KM

Day6 Phuentsholing - Jaigaon - Guwahati 500KM

Day7 Guwahati - Duliajan 500KM

Now we need some expert advice on the following

1. Does the immigration office in Phuentsholing opens everyday.

2. Where to exchange the currency,
1rs = 1nu right.

3. Normally how much time does it take to visit Tiger Nest

4. We have plans to visit Buddha Point & Tiger Nest Monastery. What else we must include.

Madhurjya Bindass Axomia

Bikers Of Assam
To answer your query

1. Immigration office is closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Though i know few guys who got their Permit on both the days.You should be lucky.

2.No need to exchange Currency.
1 Rs= 1 Nu ..correct

3. It depends upon your fitness ..keep in hand 5 hours for up and down

4. There are lots of things to cover in Thimpu and Paro.
I will give you the details later.

Hope this helps.
Any other queries let me know
Saturday & Sundays are closed is really a disappointing news for us as we will reach Jaigaon on Friday evening. If these two days are closed what will we do.

Will surely keep you disturbing continuously till we reach Bhutan

sanuroxz

Super User
How big your group?

If also you will manage to get permit for yourself on Saturday and Sunday.. I am not sure how you will arrange permit for the vehicles..

Let me talk to few persons i know from Immigration office in Phuentosholling will update you on this.

Sure i am at your service :)

Saturday & Sundays are closed is really a disappointing news for us as we will reach Jaigaon on Friday evening. If these two days are closed what will we do.

Will surely keep you disturbing continuously till we reach Bhutan

Madhurjya Bindass Axomia

Bikers Of Assam
How big your group?

If also you will manage to get permit for yourself on Saturday and Sunday.. I am not sure how you will arrange permit for the vehicles..

Let me talk to few persons i know from Immigration office in Phuentosholling will update you on this.

Sure i am at your service :)
Many members want to join the ride but we will take only 10 members in this ride. Please confirm about the immigration, it will be a great help.

sanuroxz

Super User
I know some of my friends who have landed on Saturday/Sunday they luckily found someone near Immigration office and they managed to get the permit.
But i am sure the office which will provide permits for your vehicle will be closed.
I will check with my Bhutanese friend to night and let you know.

In the mean time search for your contacts in Jaigaon area..(some travel agents) they can get your permits before hand. But in that case you need to send them your original documents of yours and your vehicles.
I really dont know how much we can trust them

Many members want to join the ride but we will take only 10 members in this ride. Please confirm about the immigration, it will be a great help.

Madhurjya Bindass Axomia

Bikers Of Assam
I know some of my friends who have landed on Saturday/Sunday they luckily found someone near Immigration office and they managed to get the permit.
But i am sure the office which will provide permits for your vehicle will be closed.
I will check with my Bhutanese friend to night and let you know.

In the mean time search for your contacts in Jaigaon area..(some travel agents) they can get your permits before hand. But in that case you need to send them your original documents of yours and your vehicles.
I really dont know how much we can trust them
Dont want to send the original document yaar