Blurry and not so sharp images from new Canon 600d.

moto143

@ yogesh

here are few pics which i felt lacked sharpness. Images are re sized. no pp involved

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

there are couple of pictures shot using 50 mm lens. The one under exposed is clicked through viewfinder.

IMG_0275.jpg
IMG_0276.jpg

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
These look perfectly sharp to me, nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

In case you want everything in focus, then you need to stop down aperture to something like f11 or less.

Chetan Kulkarni

Super User
These look perfectly sharp to me, nothing wrong with them whatsoever.

In case you want everything in focus, then you need to stop down aperture to something like f11 or less.
+1 to that. With the 50mm prime the DOF is very thing at larger apertures which is why it is used for portraits. The images without any processing look perfectly fine to me. Also bear in mind that the in camera sharpness settings also define the sharpness of the image. By default the DSLR has a balanced setting and most users are assumed to do some post processing.

I think you've got a good set of camera and lens. Learn the concepts and practice and you'll be fine.

hensil

Guru
Yogesh and Chetan as already set you in proper direction. What you need is a photo workshop. Your equipment is fine and works as designed.
Henry