Booking cheap air tickets!

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
I'm looking to book return tickets for Delhi-Leh.

There are some factors which play a crucial role in getting the best price for one's ticket, like booking in advance, avoiding weekends and using some discount coupon codes.
Also, does booking in bulk (3 tickets at once) get you a better price than individual tickets?

Is there any other factor I'm missing? Please help!

Indizen

I'm looking to book return tickets for Delhi-Leh.

There are some factors which play a crucial role in getting the best price for one's ticket, like booking in advance, avoiding weekends and using some discount coupon codes.
Also, does booking in bulk (3 tickets at once) get you a better price than individual tickets?

Is there any other factor I'm missing? Please help!
Use a website such as
Search Indian Railways & irctc train route, flight fare & bus tickets | 90di
It compares fares across all the airlines for that date or the month.
Then proceed to the airline website to book.

Travel websites charge extra so its best to directly book with the airline.

KurtRules

Come as you are!
Booking earlier always helps. I booked a Delhi - Leh return for my wife for 8k last month. That is the season fare. You can get an off season ticket return for 4.5K if booked early :)

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Booking earlier always helps. I booked a Delhi - Leh return for my wife for 8k last month. That is the season fare. You can get an off season ticket return for 4.5K if booked early :)
I'm trying to book for May and 8k is one way journey! :( I thought 3 months in advance would be a good time but as it turns out, it isn't so!

Alpha

Going to Neverland
days of travel also matters..while we were stuck in Leh due to bad weather in January and the next days tickets came at Rs. 3000 only which was around Rs.500 cheaper then what we had booked three months earlier

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
days of travel also matters..while we were stuck in Leh due to bad weather in January and the next days tickets came at Rs. 3000 only which was around Rs.500 cheaper then what we had booked three months earlier
Yes, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday seem to be the cheapest days.

Well, that's sad. I have booked for August. Currently, the price is 10K for a return.
I'm getting them for 9800 minimum if I keep it closet to May. That too only one combination. May 01 onward its minimum 7k one way.

patang

Well, that's sad. I have booked for August. Currently, the price is 10K for a return.
Sometimes buying air tickets too early for Leh and return can be proved expensive . I bought tickets 4 months earlier and I found that price had gone down quite a decent amount after a month but now price is rising . I have followed that when the AirIndia tickets are sold ,then budget airlines like GoAir or JetConnect flights come at front position and they are quite cheaper .But selling again and changing is also an hazard and monitory loss so I didn't do that .:(:mad::confused:

But I wondered why an experienced person like Kurt Rules( I read his Travelogues )bought Leh return tickets so early and also happy to know that I am not only person who did the mistake ;). But don't get disheartened because August is season and on your flight you will get many people who bought costlier ticket than you . :p

Last edited:

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Book directly from the Airline and web check in, that will get you enough air miles (if you are booking for 3) to get a free air ticket later on.

KurtRules

Come as you are!
Sometimes buying air tickets too early for Leh and return can be proved expensive . I bought tickets 4 months earlier and I found that price had gone down quite a decent amount after a month but now price is rising . I have followed that when the AirIndia tickets are sold ,then budget airlines like GoAir or JetConnect flights come at front position and they are quite cheaper .But selling again and changing is also an hazard and monitory loss so I didn't do that .:(:mad::confused:

But I wondered why an experienced person like Kurt Rules( I read his Travelogues )bought Leh return tickets so early and also happy to know that I am not only person who did the mistake ;). But don't get disheartened because August is season and on your flight you will get many people who bought costlier ticket than you . :p
I bought them early, directly from Air India website for 4k one side. I bought them, not for me, but for my wife and she generally prefers Air India if travelling domestic :) I don't think Air India would offer cheaper fares going forward, especially for August.

I would be riding to Leh, and she would be flying and we would spend time in Leh & around before she flies back :)