Booking cheap air tickets!

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Sometimes buying air tickets too early for Leh and return can be proved expensive . I bought tickets 4 months earlier and I found that price had gone down quite a decent amount after a month but now price is rising . I have followed that when the AirIndia tickets are sold ,then budget airlines like GoAir or JetConnect flights come at front position and they are quite cheaper .But selling again and changing is also an hazard and monitory loss so I didn't do that .:(:mad::confused:

But I wondered why an experienced person like Kurt Rules( I read his Travelogues )bought Leh return tickets so early and also happy to know that I am not only person who did the mistake ;). But don't get disheartened because August is season and on your flight you will get many people who bought costlier ticket than you . :p
Hmm.. I don't see them reducing anyway. Rather tantrums like "last view seats" or "rates to be revised from tomorrow" are scary in themselves.

Book directly from the Airline and web check in, that will get you enough air miles (if you are booking for 3) to get a free air ticket later on.
Hmm.. I thought about air miles. Have some more here and there. Will use them too.

Indizen

Book directly from the Airline and web check in, that will get you enough air miles (if you are booking for 3) to get a free air ticket later on.
Using air miles may actually work out to be more expensive.

Last time when I used my points on Jet, they charged air miles that were much more than the rupee equivalent of the air fare that was then applicable.
That free ticket is not really free!

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Was about to book the tickets around 11pm tonight but Yatra.com showed some fares revisions for early April. Although irrelevant for me, somehow I held back. Checked out 12.30, had a pleasant surprise on MakeMyTrip. Jet Konnect was offering return tickets for 4.5k (2.5k and 2k respectively). But I needed 3 tickets. By the time I could fill the form, the return flight had only 2 seats left. Upon booking 3 seats, the fares were revised to 6k per person :( (basically the 3rd ticket on return journey was revised to about 6k, thus killing the average). I was tempted to hold back for another day, hoping to get that 4.5k deal again. But it was too much to ask for. And what if I didn't get this deal again?! So.. took a deep breadth and booked it! :)

Wasn't a bad deal still. Have 3 tickets now @ 6k each! :)

Last edited:

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
Which date?
30th April to 10th May.

JET AIRWAYS has declared its AIRFARE SALE. ALL INCLUSIVE FLIGHT TICKETS can be booked for Rs. 2240 between 19th February to 24th February.
Provided the website works and seats are available ;)

Source: makemytrip.com

Indizen

Air-fares rise as summer holidays draw closer

When only two weeks ago air-fares were shockingly low for domestic destinations, they have suddenly seen a spurt. With the peak of summer holidays approaching, fares to most popular Indian destinations have almost doubled. Be it metros like Delhi or Chennai or tier II cities like Lucknow, Jaipur or Indore, passengers will have to shell out almost double the usual to travel in the second week of May.

A search through major ticket booking portals reveals that a trip to Delhi and back during May will cost passengers about Rs 18,000 or more. This is in sharp contrast to the last fortnight when the trip could be made in Rs 8,000-10,000. Similarly, a round trip to Chennai will cost about Rs 18,000 to 20,000. If one looks at smaller cities like Lucknow and Jaipur, fares are again high. A round trip to Jaipur would about Rs 15,000 when earlier this month it was only Rs 6,000-7,000. Despite the heat, fares to Goa have also shot up to about Rs 9,000 for a roundtrip.

Tour operators said that the proximity to holidays has shot up the demand and also the fares. Officials said that the fares are likely to climb higher by the first week on May.
The TOI on iPad

hrishi_p

I want to book Leh to Delhi 25th June.
I've been watching fares since more than a month now. It was hovering around 11k then,
and now it at about 12k each. I am confused if I should book now or wait for some more time.
Please suggest. If I book at 12k, my budget will go for a toss. I was looking at something like 7-8k.
But now it seems like a very remote possibility. :(

zack2137

Leh'd and how!
I want to book Leh to Delhi 25th June.
I've been watching fares since more than a month now. It was hovering around 11k then,
and now it at about 12k each. I am confused if I should book now or wait for some more time.
Please suggest. If I book at 12k, my budget will go for a toss. I was looking at something like 7-8k.
But now it seems like a very remote possibility. :(
Most air fares have come and gone. I don't think it will increase or decrease now. You can book and pay in EMIs. Have a look at the fare calendar to see if the fares a day before or after are significantly low.

hrishi_p

With fingers crossed I decided to wait for ticket prices to go down. After tracking everyday for more than a month today finally I got tickets @7.5k ! yaay !!!!