Brief report of My second trip to Munsiyari

Discussion in 'Travelogues from North India' started by mosederbaer, Jan 3, 2017.

1. mosederbaer

mosederbaer Active Member

Bhai log completed my second trip to Munsiyari. It was from 21st to 24th December, this year. I am giving a brief day to day account of my journey.

Day 1- left at 5 am from Ghaziabad. We took the best route (I would say) via suar, bazpur, kaladhungi, Nainital. Encountered dense fog around swar for a couple of kms. Crossed nainital and moved to almora via bhowali, garam pani (do try pakoras and raita here, they are delicious), khairna. Before almora, the road widening is on so had some delays. From almora we moved to chaukori via barechina, dhaulchina, seraghat, rairagar, berinag. We reached at udiyari bend around 6.30 pm and went further to chaukori (3 km). Checked one of the hotels but it was overpriced. So returned to udiyari bend and took a room in shah hotel for 400 bucks. I had stayed here in October 2014. Had dinner and went to sleep. Now the road conditions, from nainital up to dhaulchina was good then it was narrow but had less traffic and we passed through dense forest. After almora, next fuel pump is at berinag. Today we covered 471 km in 14 hours.

Day 2- paid hotel bill (Rs.840 for room, dinner and breakfast for two people). Left around 10 am and moved to munsiyari via thal, nachni, tejam, kwity, birthi, girgam, ratapani. At birthi, walked up to the waterfall (its height is 125 meters). Spent some time there. After reaching munsiyari, first we checked room at hotel hayat paradise (stayed here during my first trip). Hotel person quoted 700 for it but it was too dark and damp inside. So did not like it and went to the other hotel nearby. The room here was newly built. Price quoted was 1000 but was settled at 700 after bargaining. Room had dish TV, geyzer and good view of panchchulis from window. In the evening, walked down to market. Returned to hotel as it had got quite cold after 6 pm. Hotel had a dhaba next to it. Ordered non veg dinner. It was good and not very expensive. After dinner went for sleep.

Now for road conditions, it was good up to thal (23 km). After thal, it was mix of good and bad and was quite narrow too. At places, the ascent was quite steep with Sharp and blind turns. There were many hairpin bends too. So careful driving was needed. We covered 98 km today in 6 hours as took frequent breaks. The fuel availability is at thal.

Found an SBI ATM at nachni. There was cash in it and no one was there. So withdrew cash and took pictures inside the ATM.

Will update about the hotel details soon.

To be continued....

2. NeerajVayu

NeerajVayu Well-Known Member

Good start bro , I am also planning to go there on 26th Jan, waiting for your next update

3. rameshtahlan

rameshtahlan Super User

waiting for images

happy landings
    RT

4. sourabh

sourabh Active Member

Nice..

5. JourneyGuy

JourneyGuy Travelholic

Good going, share the images.

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using Tapatalk

6. rdp

rdp Well-Known Member

Will follow !!!!

7. Shivanshu

Shivanshu RX Rider

not fair... no travelogue should be posted without pics.... you make it sound so interesting that i would love to see some pics of the beautiful place....

adsatinder likes this.
  8. kolkatarider

kolkatarider Member

Very good and helpful log. I am planning to visit this place in April 17. Thank you very much.

9. adsatinder

adsatinder I am SATINDER at Delhi

Great Start !
    Great Details !

10. mosederbaer

mosederbaer Active Member

Bhai log some more details of the first two day's journey. We had a small accident between khairna and almora. An alto car was just hit at its front side. its back view mirror was broken and the bonnet also got a dent. We stopped and inspected our car which had just minor scratches. There were many locals but no one get in a dispute with us. The Alto driver was with family. He was not even angry and just requested us to pay for the damage. We paid him 800 bucks and left because even we were in no mood of argument. I was really surprised to see the good behaviour of locals of Uttarakhand whereas in himachal, I always had a bitter experience with the local people and even police too. Now the drive from barechina (few km further almora, from here left goes to chaukori via seraghat, berinag and straight goes to jageshwar and pithoragarh) to chaukori was through dense forest. Road was narrow with less traffic and very few villages in between. I really like this part of the road and would recommend it to have a good experience of nice forest drive. Two years back, I had covered this on bike, after getting dark and and had reached udiyari bend at 8 pm.<br />
    <br />
    Will come back with more..... :)

akkibaba, adsatinder and sourabh like this.