Budget Mobile Phone / Smart Phone upto or 10,000/- approx

amitw79

Super User
Friends,

I am looking for an android smartphone under 10k which has got good gps onboard.
It will be my secondary phone but my main usage will be of GPS. I have bought sygic mapmyindia app which I will be using extensively on this phone.

Kindly suggest keeping in view the GPS part only and ofcourse screen display should be decent enough when outdoors.

Thanks.

Friends,

I am looking for an android smartphone under 10k which has got good gps onboard.
It will be my secondary phone but my main usage will be of GPS. I have bought sygic mapmyindia app which I will be using extensively on this phone.

Kindly suggest keeping in view the GPS part only and ofcourse screen display should be decent enough when outdoors.

Thanks.
Nokia Lumia 520 is the best phone under 10k for GPS. It has Nokia HERE maps free for life for India - Voice guided navigation system which works in absence of net/GPRS.

amitw79

Super User
Nokia Lumia 520 is the best phone under 10k for GPS. It has Nokia HERE maps free for life for India - Voice guided navigation system which works in absence of net/GPRS.
Thanks buddy.
I am already aware that lumia 520 is best smartphone under 10k but I have my concerns regarding maps and gps on it.
I have used this phone for 2 months before I lost it. I used Here maps for gps navigation but somehow its not upto the par when compared to mapmyindia. Thats why I specifically mentioned need suggestion for Android phone as I already own sygic app with mapmyindia maps. Anything in android stable which can fit the bill?

Micromax A77 Canvas Juice:

Cost: Rs. 8000/- to 8100/- on shopping websites in India now.

Battery : 3000mA
Talktime: 10 Hrs approx
Stand-by time: Up to 282 hrs

Immediate Review:

Immediate Review for A77 Canvas Juice:

Got
A77
Canvas Juice
on 28 Nov 2013.
Got delivery on third day of booking in Delhi.

Good Looks.
Cost - 8000 - 8100 approx in many shopping sites
now in India.
Try your luck for Your own pc.
Try daily 2-3 times.

Phone Battery is good obviously makes Phone bit Heavy.
Smooth Touch.
FlashLight App is there.

Latest OS - JellyBean 4.2.2.

Sound is Loud Enough.
Camera is so-so of 5MP.
But Good in Daylight.

5 inch TFT Screen is good.
Pics look good.
Music App is also good.

Kingsoft Office App is for Office Documents, like:
Text
Doc
XLS
PPT
PDF
Check All Documents in this app without going to File Manager.

File Manager is also good.
Gallery is good.

Most Apps are present.
Download "WhatsApp", Facebook, Viber, BBM, "Tapatalk" etc. on your own.

If some formats are not supported
just download particular app for the job to be done accordingly.

Cover, Screen Guard etc accessories is not available just now.
These may be available after few weeks from now.

I bought it from homeshop18 with offer by Aircel:
Aircel Offer of 2Gb - 2G Data is for 3 months only.
With Low call rates.
With WAP Services, Songs etc. free worth 12000 approx.
I took new Prepaid Sim and waited for it to be activated within 7 days.

But nobody knows how I can get this offer?
Aircell or
HomeShop18
from where I bought this does not know anything about this,
when I will get this offer.
7 days are gone and there is no such offer info on my phone.
All efforts / time / money (in terms of calls) is lost.
Aircel is not a reliable company that can be depend on any such offers.
Those want to have this phone, should not take Aircel Offer Seriously.

Those who are looking for budget Android may try this phone in 8K range.
Hope this review will help them in deciding.

Though Xolo have introduced Q500 but it is small screen phone of 4 inches.
Cost is also less around Rs.7K - 7.3K

While this A77 Juice is 5 inch screen phone with bigger Battery.

Technical Detail:
2G Network : GSM 900 / 1800 - SIM 1 & SIM 2
3G Network : HSDPA 2100
Dual SIM
Body Dimensions -
TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
480 x 854 pixels,
5.0 inches screen (196 ppi pixel density)
Good Loudspeaker
3.5mm Audio Jack
microSD card slot support up to 32 GB
Internal Memory: 4 GB, User Available 1.27Gb only
RAM: 1 GB
Wi-Fi
Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP
microUSB v2.0 Port
Camera Back: 5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash with Geo-tagging
Video: [email protected]
Front Camera VGA
Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset: Mediatek MT6572
CPU: Dual-core 1.3 GHz
Accelerometer, Proximity Sensors only
FM radio
GPS: A-GPS support
Java MIDP emulator
Colors: White
> MP3/AAC/WMA/WAV player
> MP4/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
> Organizer
> Document viewer
> Photo viewer/editor
> Voice memo/dial
> Predictive text input

Last edited:

Sandeep Dhawan

The Contrarian!
Hi,

Satinder jee and others, slightly OT.

I gave my HTC Desive V to one of Sangeetha Mobiles outlets in Bangalore for repairing
Welcome to Sangeetha Mobiles - The Largest Online Mobile Shopping Store in India

It was restarting after every 30 to 45 mins. I checked online where many users complained about motherboard problem. So with the same thoughts in mind, I went to a nearby Sangeetha showroom to ask about repairing charges and all.. The staff courteously attended, took my phone, said its a software issue and asked me to come after 2 days with 1100 rupees as software installation charges. To my surprise, I told them numerous times that guys check phone properly coz all over internet HTC phone restarting problem persists with Motherboards. I am not very sure without investigation how you guys are claiming on software bugs which any end user like me can figure out by putting a hotfix/patch/update or simply factory reset. But those guys were very confident, took my phone and asked me to come after 2 days.

I went there last sunday, checked the phone. New software was installed and it wasn't restarting over there. I came home, switched on WiFi, put some apps like Whatsapp, Tango, Skype, Avast etc...and again the phone was restarting.

Now again I gave them today, but the main techician who said worked on this phone behaved very rudely that's its not his problem. I had heated arguments with that guy. I told him I don't care if its a software or hardware issue, my problem is not fixed and within 30 days I can anytime come to you for complaints. But that guy even refused to listen to his supervisors, instead he started shouting in front of customers and the situation went aweful. Finally the branch manager came, refunded my 1100 rupees, sacked that technician and apologized on his behalf. Then he suggested to go to Rajajinagar (which is in different part of Bangalore) to HTC authorized service center.

I am bringing this issue to everyone's notice, as I heard similar cases where local technicians try to fool customers by charging huge amount.

Last edited:
Yes this aspect is must to know for after sales service issues.
I also faced such issues.
Mechanics claim to do things better
but later do nothing.

Sandeep Dhawan

The Contrarian!
I tell you one more issue with Google Nexus 4.

My cousin is having this phone (bought from US). She dropped it somewhere and display went off. She asked many mobile shops (in rohini/pitampura/saket). Everyone was asking more than 5000 for repairing without guarantee.

One day she went to LG service center in Delhi. They didn't tell the exact or approximate amount. Instead they kept the phone for 2 days, called her and asked 4200 rupees for display family change with 30 days repairing guarantee.

After 20 days, she felt some issue with the display, so she went over there again. Initially they asked 1000 rupees more, but she didn't gave a single penny as it was under observation. They again took phone for some 2 more days and gave her back.

Now its around a month and she is not facing problems. But who knows what they did?