Budget stay options in Rakcham, Chitkul, Kalpa, Tabo, Kaza

sojourn_seeker

Hello all,

Thank you very much for all the help.

Below is a compilation of few options from my trip:

Stay and Food:
Chhitkul:

I stayed at Hotel Shenshah – Chhitkul : Good rooms-location, but average service.

Other recommended options during my planning were:
Bobby dhaba/guest house: Location is good-even better than Shenshah, I saw a group staying there for two days.
Rani Guest house: It was not open yet on 29th April but looked like a good option.
HPTDC-Awesome location
Alpine View-Awesome location

I ate at Thakur guest house for three days, food was really good and the cook Damrubhai is very helpful person. Thakur guest house is an old property but the owner seemed cordial, it can be checked out.

Kalpa:

I stayed at hotel Blue lotus: Good locationand service, average food. It is at a walkable distance from last mini bus stop.

One Devbhoomi group hotel & restaurant is just beside the last mini bus stop. I had lunch there and food was good. The owner seemed cordial as well.

There are few more hotels at upper road with better view and cheaper price. I liked the upper road area more.

Spiti:

I was in tabo on 3rd May, options available were trojan guest house, maitrya and sona home stay. We stayed at trojan Gh.

Our preferred choice was Kesang homestay (same owner as trojan but it was closed). The super awesome food at millennium monestry restro is the best available in Tabo.

Most options in KAza (4th May) were closed. The options were hotels Khangsar, snow lion, deyzor, winter white and sonam home stay. Home stay is on the road above the KAza monestry ( on way to snow lion) and was cheapest (300 bucks). We opted for hotel winter white (last hotel on Bsnl road after hotel deyzor) as a good deal of 750 per person was offered with room , breakfast and dinner. Food at Winter white was good.

Hotel winter white kaza: 09418537689
e-mail: [email protected]

Key cee lodge (opp. kaza monestry) was a recommended option but it was closed.

Lalung cafe near petrol pump served average veg thali for lunch.

Last edited:

Natalya

ghumakkar
At chitkul we stayed at Rani guest house. Good option . Sangla we stayed at Shruti guest house. Very good and comfortable stay. Good food.