Budget stay options in Rakcham, Chitkul, Kalpa, Tabo, Kaza

snailtrail

Hello All,

I am planning to visit Sangla, Kalpa and Sarahan between 16th June to 20th June.

Usually I prefer booking rooms on the spot, because in my experience it is more economical and also because I've had some bad experiences when I booked rooms in advance.

I will be travelling with my parents (senior citizens), wife and daughter, and wanted to know if this period (15th to 21st) is peak season due to which there would be a risk of not getting any accommodation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this thread. We're leaving for Spiti tomorrow night and plan to reach Kaza on 24th. Tried contacting the landline numbers of rest house and hotels but none of the call is going through. Could anyone provide the contact number of hotel or homestay that would be open. Thanks in advance.

gkapoor

Super User
Bumping this thread. We're leaving for Spiti tomorrow night and plan to reach Kaza on 24th. Tried contacting the landline numbers of rest house and hotels but none of the call is going through. Could anyone provide the contact number of hotel or homestay that would be open. Thanks in advance.
You can contact RK Bharat on Fb and ask him. He is in spiti right now I think. Will hook you up somewhere.
https://www.facebook.com/rkbharat

sojourn_seeker

Budget stay options in Chitkul:

During my second visit to Chitkul in May-2019, I observed that many new guest houses/homestays have sprung up:

While Amar guest house/home stay is popular, it is not at all the best/ideal location for stay. Leela homestay is okayish. I stayed at Shiva homestay (near Rani guest house and opposite Zostel), it is best location-wise and ideal for budget-travellers. Owner is very cordial and helpful.

Other newly opened resorts like Sunny snow view resort are not worth the money in my opinion.

I would like to mention the name of Final Destination Resort which has four rooms on ground floor and is undergoing construction on 1st floor. No electricity as well for now. But it is located at the best location and officially can be termed as "Last Resort" on ITBP road, it is about 1.5 km from Chitkul. They have open for all restaurant which serves delicious food.

Several camping options have sprung up as well, haven't inquired about the tariff though: Nargu camps on ITBP road and pebbles park camps just before ITBP setup are at best locations .

Homestay In Rackcham:
Now there is Uma homestay in Rackcham main road at good location. haven't stayed there though.