Bullet 500 a.k.a. Bullet पांच 100 (Ownership)

@Aasheesh_Joshi Brother do the PDi carefully. Sometime in excitement we ignore lot of things. A little thing you should have to do before leaving Dealership.

1. Check all Indicators and lights.
2. Tyre Air Pressure.
3. Just start the bike and turn handle left and right just to check everything is fine.

Most important upload pics of your Beast. :)
I will post more pics and observation next weekend.
Thanks for the pointers - I'll keep them in mind. :)

I'll take someone else as well so that they can point out any problems I may miss.

On a side note, I was planning on upgrading my Alto to a Brezza but somehow the Bullet came to my mind. So cancelled that and the Bull is coming home now. :mrgreen:

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
@aasheesh Joshi Hope u will also buy your Vitara soon. Brother if you are planning for ZDI+ model than go for Dual Tone paint scheme.

Finally got the bike home. PDI went well - no rusting anywhere, all electricals working. The bike had 3km on the odo.

Only the rear breaks were almost nonexistent. The SA tightened it and things were better.

Overall very happy. Will post the initial impressions n full delivery experience soon.

Here's a teaser. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: IJS

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
Finally got the bike home. PDI went well - no rusting anywhere, all electricals working. The bike had 3km on the odo.

Only the rear breaks were almost nonexistent. The SA tightened it and things were better.

Overall very happy. Will post the initial impressions n full delivery experience soon.

Here's a teaser. :D

Use front and rear brake together for better braking & Enjoy ride.....

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
Did 260km ride on NH-1 last sunday. I will share my Bullet 500 performance today or tomorrow. Currently I am doing daily ride of 10km in Noida and overall right now I have not faced any difficulty in riding in Traffic.

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
So, its a long time I have updated this Thread. Today I will give you overview of my 260KM ride on NH1 before 1st service, Braking, Mileage and Bullet-Bullet relationship.

Last Sunday 19 Feb 2017 I was on 260KM long ride from YamunaNagar (Haryana) --> (Tilak Nagar)Delhi --> DhaulaKuan(Delhi) --> Indirapuram.

As usual From NH1 I was on State Highway and now overtaking any vehicle is butter for me. Just need to twist the throttle and I am on Fire...... Specially on State Highways you need such power from your vehicle because most of the time on Single lane Cars on 100KM/H+ speed and always on wrong side of Road. So from YamunaNagar to Pipli (Kurukshetra) its single lane and my speed is in between to 65 to 75 Km/H. Its difficult for me to keep myself under 60 Km/H as recommended. When I hit NH1, Ohh Boy I feel that I am on Runway and my Bullet 500 is Boeing 777. I just clicked two pics on that day.

WP_20170219_11_30_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20170219_11_30_50_Pro.jpg

So, without taking so much time let me to give you some details about my Bull 1st long ride experience.

Vibrations: Vibrations are below 30-40KM/H. Once you passes these threshold value you will not face any Vibration till 85KM/H. Mostly I cruise it in between 70-80KM/H far more than recommended speed limit. But trust me Bull is butter smooth on NH1 its next to impossible for me to keep control on my self. There are 2 occasions while doing overtaking I have to hit Triple digits. And I just twist the throttle I crossed triple digit. I feel Vibrations in Handle bar but main reason of that is that I have not downshift my gears before hitting Triple digit. Engine have to do lot of work. I am sure if I downshift than vibration might be less.

Overall I am happy with these vibration "Pta lagna chahiye Bullet chal rhi hai." If somebody have problem with vibration that I have 3 solutions for him.
1. Wear riding gloves with some cushion. I am using Cramster and I happy with that.
2. Add Cushion padding Handle bars. You will feel very less vibration.
3. Stay with stock silencer or if you wanna change go

Braking: Yaa rear brake is not so much good. But you have Front disc brake. I strictly advise you to use both brakes in 60 (Rear):40(Front). It's enough to stop your Bullet. I am using this same ratio on NH-1 as well as in daily Traffic in Noida-Delhi. Remaining for accidents 8.3 seconds are enough. Bajaj is clamming that Dominar takes 8.3 sec for 100 to 0. Its good but still if something unexpectedly happen than even Dominar can't handle this.
So, Bulleteers don't worry just use Frond and Rear brake together your braking problem is almost resolved.

Mileage: Its all depend on the way you riding. Let me tell you my experience. Just go to Page 1 and see the Odo reading when I Refill Tank to full. Now check below image when I shift my Bull from ON to reserve and do a calculation. Bullet 500 have tank of 13.5 Ltr out of which 2 Ltr. is reserve and I manage to run my Bull 481-37 = 444 KM in just 11.5 Ltr. Its before 1st service.
WP_20170225_08_49_25_Pro__highres.jpg

So, Guys ride gently definitely you will get good Mileage. This is the reason why I rejected Classic 500. Because Classic 500 carrying EFI.

BULLET-BULLET Relationship: Did it exist??? My answer is Yes it is. When I was on NH1 I met with 3-4 Royal Enfield groups. I was on 70 KM/H speed near Karnal. A Bullet group just passed me with their Thumbs Up. They just want to ensure that is everything fine with me or not. I replied back by Thumbs up that everything is fine and after that they twist their throttle and disappear. After that Near Panipat an RE Himalayan was hitting 120-130 KM/H overtake me. I was thinking what a stable bike it is. After just 2 KM they were setting their knee guards on Road side and again I got thumb up from them and I continued my ride. Before entering Delhi Byepass a Guys was riding his Customized Mahindra Thar. He was looking me in his rear view mirror. I thought I am on Fault may be I did something wrong or my Bullet Headlight is ON. He gave me way to overtake when I just reached near the driver side door again got a Thumbs up. O:):supz::rock::razz:

So, this about my Bull 1st long ride experience. Soon I will update this thread with 1st Service Experience and little customization I did in my Bike.

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
1st Service done at 483 KM from ASCO MOTORS Delhi and cost somewhere around 1274:r:.

Improvement after 1st Service:

1. Gear shifting is smooth.

Complaints Prior to Servicing:
Nothing.

Complaints After Servicing:
Feeling Less Torque that might be due to Tuning of Carb.

Is Service Cost Overpriced?
Yes, next time I will exclude 3 Components. Chain Lube, Chain Clean and Lubricant. I will do on my own. Reason they lube the after just washing on wet chain. This is of no use. In lubrication they just applied grease on Clutch cables and battery Terminal.

Any Complaint?

Yes, sometime while kick start I got some metal sound from Engine KADAAAK when I discussed with other Bulleteers they are saying that its common through out RE.

WP_20170303_21_33_44_Pro.jpg

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
1st Service done at 483 KM from ASCO MOTORS Delhi and cost somewhere around 1274:r:.

Improvement after 1st Service:

1. Gear shifting is smooth.

Complaints Prior to Servicing:
Nothing.

Complaints After Servicing:
Feeling Less Torque that might be due to Tuning of Carb.

Is Service Cost Overpriced?
Yes, next time I will exclude 3 Components. Chain Lube, Chain Clean and Lubricant. I will do on my own. Reason they lube the after just washing on wet chain. This is of no use. In lubrication they just applied grease on Clutch cables and battery Terminal.

Any Complaint?

Yes, sometime while kick start I got some metal sound from Engine KADAAAK when I discussed with other Bulleteers they are saying that its common through out RE.

View attachment 707082
Service cost looks ok to me even at bajaj they use to charge 125 for chain cleaning and lubing for my avenger. But they use to do it properly. And yes i also heard this kadak sound from one ds500.