Bullet 500 a.k.a. Bullet पांच 100 (Ownership)

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
So, after long time I am updating this thread. Was busy in personal life. Lot of updates for my Bullet 500.'

1. Battery lock lost.
2. Dust particles in Carb.
3. 2nd Service done at 3000KM
4. Battery Lock lost.
5. Pleasure to ride.

So, my Bull was doing well till 2985 KM. But few days back when I try to start my Bull in morning I found that I unable to start it without choke. To make it run I have to accelerate to high RPM. I was surprised because last night everything was fine but what happen overnight????? I tried to alter Oil and Air setting of Carb but nothing working in my case. I fed up with all these. Now I was questioning myself why I have not purchased Classic 500 with Efi. My odo indicating me to go for 2nd service (2980 KM) so I put my Bull on halt and waited for coming weekend. On Friday evening when I was inspecting my Bull for the thing which I need to fix in 2nd service I was afraid to see Battery lock was missing. Oh God!!!!! next thing in my mind was to sell her OLX immediately.
But how can I do this. I simply loving her. What I planned is somehow I will reach ASCO motors East Delhi and will give my Bull another chance. I was on time and service executive have a lot of patience and he was listening me. To my surprise he was wearing Dominar 400 band in his hand. My words "Dusro ko Royal enfield chepte ho aur apne aap Dominar" :). But he is good guy. I asked him to call guy who is going to service my Bull. A young guy with a little experience come and I asked him to take a ride of my Bull. "Bhagwan bhi mje kene ke mood me the us din" To my surprise Bull able to start without giving any choke. He said sir its fine. I was getting problem with gear shifting. He was not feeling so. But after taking turn "Bhagwan ne meri sun li" My Bullet 1st breakdown.
:finga::supz:

Now I have edge over him. Now I said ab socho me kaise le kar aaya hu. He inspected the bike and found that one pipe from carb other than petrol pipe was disconnected ](*,). After connecting that 90% of my issue was resolved. Now my Bullet was inside for service. Good thing about ASC is that they asked me whether I want top up or replace the engine oil. As per manual I need to replaced after 6000 KM but on voluntary basis I asked for replacement of Engine Oil and Air filter as well. I also asked then not to do chain lube and synthetic lubricant. Also service guy is good he arrange battery lock from somewhere. Got a final bill of 1202 INR/-. He cleaned the carburettor as well. He was saying there was some dust in carb that's the reason of all the issue.

Now after running 1000 more KM I found that new Battery lock is also missing. :eek: My father come to rescue and did a Desi jugaad. He replaced Lock with Nut and Bolt same as I have on Right side panel. Now its a peace of mind.

Now my odo is showing 4300 KM and it always pleasure to ride it between 90-95 KM/H. On last weekend I was on NH1 and near Panipat a guy on Avenger street 220 did overtake me and with in few sec his side panel (Battery cover) fell down. Only thought coming in my mind was BAJAJ - RE Bhai Bhai. Mera to battery cover lock hi gira tha tera to BAttery cover hi gir gya.

Overall its a good experience to ride Bullet 500 and now I also learn that if anytime there is water or dust in carb than there is overflow pipe I just need to twist a screw and all oil from carb get drain.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
So, after long time I am updating this thread. Was busy in personal life. Lot of updates for my Bullet 500.'

1. Battery lock lost.
2. Dust particles in Carb.
3. 2nd Service done at 3000KM
4. Battery Lock lost.
5. Pleasure to ride.

So, my Bull was doing well till 2985 KM. But few days back when I try to start my Bull in morning I found that I unable to start it without choke. To make it run I have to accelerate to high RPM. I was surprised because last night everything was fine but what happen overnight????? I tried to alter Oil and Air setting of Carb but nothing working in my case. I fed up with all these. Now I was questioning myself why I have not purchased Classic 500 with Efi. My odo indicating me to go for 2nd service (2980 KM) so I put my Bull on halt and waited for coming weekend. On Friday evening when I was inspecting my Bull for the thing which I need to fix in 2nd service I was afraid to see Battery lock was missing. Oh God!!!!! next thing in my mind was to sell her OLX immediately.
But how can I do this. I simply loving her. What I planned is somehow I will reach ASCO motors East Delhi and will give my Bull another chance. I was on time and service executive have a lot of patience and he was listening me. To my surprise he was wearing Dominar 400 band in his hand. My words "Dusro ko Royal enfield chepte ho aur apne aap Dominar" :). But he is good guy. I asked him to call guy who is going to service my Bull. A young guy with a little experience come and I asked him to take a ride of my Bull. "Bhagwan bhi mje kene ke mood me the us din" To my surprise Bull able to start without giving any choke. He said sir its fine. I was getting problem with gear shifting. He was not feeling so. But after taking turn "Bhagwan ne meri sun li" My Bullet 1st breakdown.
:finga::supz:

Now I have edge over him. Now I said ab socho me kaise le kar aaya hu. He inspected the bike and found that one pipe from carb other than petrol pipe was disconnected ](*,). After connecting that 90% of my issue was resolved. Now my Bullet was inside for service. Good thing about ASC is that they asked me whether I want top up or replace the engine oil. As per manual I need to replaced after 6000 KM but on voluntary basis I asked for replacement of Engine Oil and Air filter as well. I also asked then not to do chain lube and synthetic lubricant. Also service guy is good he arrange battery lock from somewhere. Got a final bill of 1202 INR/-. He cleaned the carburettor as well. He was saying there was some dust in carb that's the reason of all the issue.

Now after running 1000 more KM I found that new Battery lock is also missing. :eek: My father come to rescue and did a Desi jugaad. He replaced Lock with Nut and Bolt same as I have on Right side panel. Now its a peace of mind.

Now my odo is showing 4300 KM and it always pleasure to ride it between 90-95 KM/H. On last weekend I was on NH1 and near Panipat a guy on Avenger street 220 did overtake me and with in few sec his side panel (Battery cover) fell down. Only thought coming in my mind was BAJAJ - RE Bhai Bhai. Mera to battery cover lock hi gira tha tera to BAttery cover hi gir gya.

Overall its a good experience to ride Bullet 500 and now I also learn that if anytime there is water or dust in carb than there is overflow pipe I just need to twist a screw and all oil from carb get drain.
Put a clamp style lock on the battery box asap as bullets battery are favorite with thiefs in delhi, a who use to park it out side his shop lost 2 in 6mths, now he sold the bike. U can find the clamp lock in karol bagh or ur loacl market.

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Actually:mrgreen:

Vik4290

CrazyFreak
So, after long time I am updating this blog. Now odo stands on 6500 KM. Lot's of things happen. Going to start with +ve one's.

1. 3rd Service Done.
2. No major breakdown.
3. Getting mileage of around 35 Kmpl in city.

But.......

1. Water seepage in Petrol Tank: Reason model after 2014 facing this problem due to change in design of Petrol lid area and thin water drainage pipe.
Solution: Need to clean drainage pipe time to time to avoid water seepage in tank.

2. Battery Leakage over Tool box: So, my Marsh grey color turn totally Black. Happens while reading acid from battery spread over toolbox and engine. :(
Solitaire motors Noida comes to rescue and took my case seriously. Takes 20 days and replaced Tool box cover under warranty. =D>:finga: Hat off to Solitare Motors.

Bhai RE service center manager par sab depend hai agar wo helpful hoga to sab claim karwa dega.
Even I was servicing my Bull from Asco motors Delhi but still Solitaire Motors Noida helped me and now I am happy customer of there.

Reactions: IJS

abhinig1

Hi ,

My RE standard 500 vibrates after 50. I have complained this to the service guy still it is not fixed. Any suggestions?
Till 50 it runs smooth after that it starts vibrating. Any good mechanic in Bangalore. Please guide.

I bought the bike on April, 2015.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi ,

My RE standard 500 vibrates after 50. I have complained this to the service guy still it is not fixed. Any suggestions?
Till 50 it runs smooth after that it starts vibrating. Any good mechanic in Bangalore. Please guide.

I bought the bike on April, 2015.
All Royal Enfield bikes be it 350cc or 500 cc vibrates post the mentioned speed. And it gets un bearable at 90kmph. It is the character of bike.
But still you can try shifting to a better aftermarket engine oil. And get the engine mounting bolts checked up by a good mechanic. Also see if the rubber mount where the engine is bolted are not looking worn out.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk