"Bumblebee" Tata Sierra 1998 Ownership review.

incarnation

Super User
For a car that just is an adult in its youthfulness,it definitely has weathered well in your loving care.It looks as fantastic as ever-the Ford Bronco derived profile is timeless.I have had wonderful experiences in both the NA and TC versions owned by a friend and family member respectively-what a boat.Lucky you!
Hey Gaurav Bhai thanks for those kind words mate. it surely was launched ahead of its time then.

but you know i have this strange habit of talking to my machines sometimes and people often gimme that psyco look you know. must be, They think that im a crazy guy, yeah im crazy for my rides, they make me pamper them so much. be it be ATOM or Bumblebee when both stand next to eaxh other, i just keep watching my garage, well there has been another addition to my garage. 2008 Bajaj krystal MPFI. the owner of this vehicle was just dumping it in scrap yard i felt pity for it and bought it. but to write about it will be some other day some other thread. Also have purchased a bajaj chetak which was going to end up in scrap yard but havent figured what to do with it. so its just lying around in an unfortunate state.

i some day wish to own another of my childhood dream car the Hindustan Conti some day when god opens his tijori for me i will.:finga::finga::finga:

Gaurav Chopra

zestbiker-if there is a SPIRIT,I ride it
Hey Gaurav Bhai thanks for those kind words mate. it surely was launched ahead of its time then.

i some day wish to own another of my childhood dream car the Hindustan Conti some day when god opens his tijori for me i will.:finga::finga::finga:
What a coincidence:supz:
Me an four friends pooled 20000/- each for 1992 Nissan TD engined Conti in 1998-spent another 10k on its alloys from Delhi-a difficult match due to its 5 lug pattern -was 14" from some import-had twin pod headlamps fitted -drove and drank and partied around every night in it for about 6months and sold it for 100k again-recouping almost all our money spent on it-the Nissan TD engine though very torquey and frugul, kept one or the other of us making rounds of the mechanic-if we had bought the standard 1.8ltr Isuzu petrol-may be we would still have had the car.It was/is a limo on the cheap-Albeit with pathetic brakes-but again,it rocked our boat.

Last edited:
Congratulations in your acquisition of this wonderful machine.
Me too had developed a deep craving for this beast, as I grew up watching it zoom past me on way to school. I liked the rear bench in particular as it offered wonderful view of the outside world, through its mammoth glass panes.
Sadly a well maintaiend Sierra (forget that, even a badly maintained one) is very difficult to spot these days.

Wishing you miles and miles of happy motoring.

incarnation

Super User
Thanks a lot vista dweller for the wishes there more pica of the events to share, however tied up with work hence not able to do it. Will be posting a few pics of recent activity. If u are from Karnataka I can help u find wonderful Sierra's , we even have a all India sierra club, it's functional on facebook if interested you can join in.you will find lot of info on vehicles sold vehicles bought , common problems , spare parts procurement , you name it and the club has it.

deepam

Super User
we a few Sierra owners had met in Mangalore, Had a nice time it was beach, Barbecue and booze and nice updates on maintenance. all in all a fun outing. here are a few pics, Also had visited the city of Belgaum due to work purpose and found some lone time for some clicks of "Bee" View attachment 690959 View attachment 690960 View attachment 690961 View attachment 690962 View attachment 690963
++++++++++++++
Incarnation,
Which beach is this in Mangalore?
Which garage you go to service your car these days? I do not think Automatrix will support Sierra. If they do are they good?

I too as a child was fascinated with Sierra. Great to hear about the Facebook club for Sierra.
Great to see the 6 Sierra's in & around Mangalore.