Bus options for Delhi-Shimla-Sarhan

jjamwal

I plan on taking a night bus from Delhi to Shimla. Then a bus from Shimla to Sarhan. What are my options ?

http://www.hrtchp.com/hrtctickets/ websites has a Saraha not Saahan. Will Jeori work ? Even then the website keeps on giving some errors every now and then making it extremely difficult to book anything, I

I am leaving on 7th.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
There is a direct bus to Sarahan from Delhi and there are also local buse from Shimla and Rampur. Please keep in mind the road beyond Jeori has been washed off, the alternate route is through village road, and that has a lot of slush. So keep a day or two as buffer.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Call up HRTC booth at Kashmere Gate. They should have a normal roadways bus for Sarahan. In case it is no longer available, you can always change from Shimla or Rampur.

jjamwal

That bus will be the normal one, I mean non-Volvo type. I am too old to use that kind of bus for such a long journey :Hangman:

Just booked a Himachal Tourism Volvo for Delhi to Shimla. Will take a bus from Shimla to Jeori/Saharan. But I don't have any idea about bus timings . Or maybe a taxi if they are not charging 4500 per day.

Dewank Sharma

There is a Himgaurav (TATA-AC) bus service between ISBT Delhi and Rampur. The bus leaves around 7.30 PM from Delhi. But since you have already booked a Volvo to Shimla, you can find many options for Rampur from Shimla.
From Rampur, you can get a bus, shared cabs or can hire a taxi for Sarahan. The buses are plying via an alternate route that goes via Mashnu.