Buses from Udupi to chikkamagalur?

AdvaitR

How to get from Udupi to Chikmaglur via bus?
I could not find any bus timings online. Any help would be appreciated.

deepam

Super User
How to get from Udupi to Chikmaglur via bus?
I could not find any bus timings online. Any help would be appreciated.
++++++++++++++++++
6:30 AM and 1 PM - KSRTC Express service operates [Udupi to Chikmagaluru]. 1 PM for sure there is a service.
With Shiradi Ghat closure, I am sure buses going to Bangalore via Dharmasthala Karkala route may take Chickamagaluru route [Departure time from Udupi].
  1. 11:30 AM - Rajahamsa [Kundapura - Tirupati Service]
  2. 6 PM Express [Udupi-Bangalore Service]
  3. 7 PM Express [Udupi - Bangalore Service]

deepam

Super User
If you want a thrilling and scenic journey.
Board the minibus of TCS Koppa [Udupi to Aldur Service expected to depart from Udupi between 2 to 2:30 PM]; this is via - Hebri - Agumbe Ghat - Jayapura - Balehonnuru. From Aldur there are KSRTC buses to reach Chikkamagaluru.
The road is with twists and turns, I do not recommend if one is prone to Nausea.

Ashik Awate

Hi guys, I'm looking to travel in the second week of December from Mumbai to Chikmagalur by bus. Can anyone please suggest which travels operates or which is the closest place.

deepam

Super User
Hi guys, I'm looking to travel in the second week of December from Mumbai to Chikmagalur by bus. Can anyone please suggest which travels operates or which is the closest place.
++++++++++++++
Board the Mumbai to Mysore via Shimoga VRL or SRS and get down at Kadur or Birur. Chikmagalur is 40 km from Kadur, you get bus at all times as the buses which go to Dharmasthala or Mangalore pass thru' Kadur.

If you select:
1. VRL, Kadur can be picked as end destination
2. SRS, pick up Channarayapatna and alight at Kadur

Ashik Awate

++++++++++++++
Board the Mumbai to Mysore via Shimoga VRL or SRS and get down at Kadur or Birur. Chikmagalur is 40 km from Kadur, you get bus at all times as the buses which go to Dharmasthala or Mangalore pass thru' Kadur.

If you select:
1. VRL, Kadur can be picked as end destination
2. SRS, pick up Channarayapatna and alight at Kadur
Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Ashik Awate

Hey guys I want to know on how to reach from Mangalore to Chikmagalur by bus. I know about KSRTC but do other private local buses go as well. Also which is the main bus stand of Mangalore.