Buying a Pre-Loved SX4 Petrol, my OLX experience.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Oh My God!
Really, so seriously and in one go I have never read even my course thesis to solve a unsolved murder mystery ..;):rolleyes:

Really very useful and as John Mathai commented..considered as "CASE STUDY" for others.

Thank You and wish you to have many miles happily with this car with loved one and all other family members..
Thanks Raj for amazing comments.
I just now came back picking up the car from service centre.

Driver door replaced. Previous one had started rusting from some places, minor though.

Full service done with replacement of oil, gear oil, filters, plugs, coolent. This time service was done by raw at motor garage, sector 16 market noida. Service charge 300 + 50 for tip.

Car is super smooth now. I am getting 12kmpl in noida traffic for now. Will post detailed mileage report after doing more miles.

Thanks you all for your wishes.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Strange issue cropped up.

1) In last 2 days twice it has happened that power windows (all 3 except driver side) stopped working suddenly. They started working suddenly after driving little and closing and opening the driver door.

Looks like the button panel on driver door has some loose joint. I am doubting the Power window lock push button that is provided to the driver.
Scary. I don't want to get stuck in situation of unable to roll them up and having to park the car somewhere unsafe.

I even tried removing battery terminal. No luck. I opened the driver door plastic panel, removed the couplers, cleaned fitted back. No luck.
Only trick is to ram the driver door a few times.

2) It happened once only. I was unable to unlock the driver door. Neither by remote, nor by key, and not also by entering the car from other side and trying to pull the unlock lever. It was stuck somewhere and force did not work.

After driving a bit many times, and locking unlocking the car many times, it got unlock itself. Seems the motor was stuck somewhere.

I wonder if these electronics parts can be replaced by maruti without burning the pocket too deep.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member

I wonder if these electronics parts can be replaced by maruti without burning the pocket too deep.
Jeet, I thought to let you know a fundamental principle I abide by - the more you let your car be 'touched/fingered' by mechanics more the problems it will suffer from!
Get things attended to only if they are broken; else leave well alone! ;)

Raj ROVER

Jeet!
I can understand your sentiments with this car as it is new (for you) and you want to make it perfect initially..
Just visit one reliable Maruti A.S.S. and casually show to adviser and take his opinion, see what he says, he will repair then and there if it is minor issue.
(show like soon you will be coming for full servicing of car)

Dont feel panic, car will be alright soon.

:)

jeetcp

Mediocre me
^ Thanks. Understood the message you conveyed above. Will do it.

Has a tyre punctured. I was able to Jack, remove and fit the wheel in 10-15 minutes. Somehow it felt easier then doing on Estillo. Must be psychological effect. :grin:

AnupamR

Super User
Jeet, indeed a very good choice... Congrats...

Till date my Sx4 average service cost never went up to 5K from MASS except few instances where major parts were replaced like front shockers and brake rotors during 100K service. Overall its a amazing car and really fun to drive.

The stock JK tyres are really pathetic and one can not rely on them, I had replaced my stock JK with Good Year yesterday. Had no punctures yet in last 2 years and approx 20K Km however it started bubbling.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Jeet, indeed a very good choice... Congrats...

Till date my Sx4 average service cost never went up to 5K from MASS except few instances where major parts were replaced like front shockers and brake rotors during 100K service. Overall its a amazing car and really fun to drive.

The stock JK tyres are really pathetic and one can not rely on them, I had replaced my stock JK with Good Year yesterday. Had no punctures yet in last 2 years and approx 20K Km however it started bubbling.
Thanks guys for the sweet comments.

Btw, what would be the recommendation on timing belt. Mine has clocked 90k in reality. I know some people could run sx4 or even wagon r etc upto 1.5 L km with out chain change. I dont want to touch the car until it is very necessary.

Another problem is headlamp. Totally useless. Mine has 55/60 halonix. Will 55/60 phillips improve anything? Reflector design is such that the through is very near. Some time i think of opening the lights and get them shampoo washed at home.

Btw i am going ng to do DIY carpetting tomorrow. Will post photos once done.

TIMAP

Thanks guys for the sweet comments.

Btw, what would be the recommendation on timing belt. Mine has clocked 90k in reality. I know some people could run sx4 or even wagon r etc upto 1.5 L km with out chain change. I dont want to touch the car until it is very necessary.

Another problem is headlamp. Totally useless. Mine has 55/60 halonix. Will 55/60 phillips improve anything? Reflector design is such that the through is very near. Some time i think of opening the lights and get them shampoo washed at home.

Btw i am going ng to do DIY carpetting tomorrow. Will post photos once done.
No compromise on a Timing Belt, if it snaps you will have to scrap your car! The severity factor is high. Do not take chances here, change as per manual. Over a period of time the rubber gets hardened and sometimes without showing any signs it can snap. A few k kms here and there should be ok but not much. Also look at the age of the vehicle rather than kms driven. Its same like tyres.

Well as a courtesy to other people driving on road I would suggest you not to upgrade your lights. I know of many stupid persons who put on high intensity lights and blind the oncoming driver.

I suggest you adjust your headlights, shampoo the inner and take your highlights for a high gloss buffing if they have turned milky. Nothing more than that.

Roadhunk

MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI
No compromise on a Timing Belt, if it snaps you will have to scrap your car! The severity factor is high. Do not take chances here, change as per manual. Over a period of time the rubber gets hardened and sometimes without showing any signs it can snap. A few k kms here and there should be ok but not much. Also look at the age of the vehicle rather than kms driven. Its same like tyres.

Well as a courtesy to other people driving on road I would suggest you not to upgrade your lights. I know of many stupid persons who put on high intensity lights and blind the oncoming driver.

I suggest you adjust your headlights, shampoo the inner and take your highlights for a high gloss buffing if they have turned milky. Nothing more than that.
Bro, i truly support you with respect to headlamps. Though I think it is fine to replace headlamp with power ratio which is legally allowed.