Buying a Pre-Loved SX4 Petrol, my OLX experience.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
:)
None of them come so cheap in used market. And good examples goes off the shelves immediately.

Mine will go strong for another 2-3 years, so I guess by then I should expect a lot of crossovers in used market. That would be a logical upgrade. Until then, I would pamper SX4 and hope she does the same in return.

deepam

Super User
If you plan to keep the SX4, replace all rubber pipes in Fuel, AC and coolant circuits. This will ensure you a trouble free driving.
One of my friend's Fiesta Diesel coolant pipe ruptured & Engine is in trouble!

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Changed for cooling system. A cooling systems is a Very Very important part. More important than say engine oil etc.
SX4 has only 1 weakness I think and that is cooling system which now is fine in my car, but I do check it time to time.

:)

If you plan to keep the SX4, replace all rubber pipes in Fuel, AC and coolant circuits. This will ensure you a trouble free driving.
One of my friend's Fiesta Diesel coolant pipe ruptured & Engine is in trouble!

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Probably last update on this thread.

Have put SX4 on OLX now. Yes I am selling it. I have got total of 4 cars now and one of them have to go. SX4 will have to go.

Such a nice car, took me to places, fearless driving on any terrain, totally macho I should say. ODO at 1,08,000 I think she has long way to go before showing weakness.

Selling SX4 Petrol, cng - Excellent condition 2008.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Sold her in March.
6 months gone. Good thing, it is sold to a young fellow living a block away.
Kindoff, made a friend out of him. He has driven some 8000KM since then and gone through one service too.

No serious issue, except she lost some power and is not free-revving as much. CNG effect I think.

Being able to spot your car on road every now and then and be able to check her health 'After Selling it', is a different feeling. Did not feel much separated from her.

Truth is, though I and wife liked her so much, we had gone bored put of her after 4 year of ownership. More so after buying the accord, the SX4 had no use case to be sitting in our parking lot.
Alsom time to admit, she kept me engaged on niggles once in a while. And no more have that my time to explore car DIY hobby etc. So I kind of had to get rid of the risk of spending time on her.

At the time of sale, I had offers from 1.2L to 1.45Lacs. Finally sold to current owner for 1.37L. That is fair amount for a 10 year old car with almost new cng Kit. Best part I think was the interiors looked like 3-4 year old and a family person needs to have that.

After recently seeing the car, I think it might need engine work after 7k to 10k KM. But that is for new owner to explore. She still gets serviced at my favorite Rawat motors, Sec 16. My other cars too go there only, including accord.

Wishing happy and safe miles to new owner.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Just yesterday I met him. Asked him for a small test ride to see if car is doing well.
The 5 minute spin was fun. She is going strong and for a change, I did not feel much of power drop.

The ride is awesome. I miss the fun of SX4. Accord and Zest do not give that kind of sporty ride, mostly because those are automatic.

Clutch is due for next service.

Grip_Jr

Hi,
A general question for SX4 pre-VVT owners. At any point of time you felt jerking in 2nd and 3rd gear below 2000RPM. I am currently having that issue changed ignition coils, HT cables, sprak plugs, clutch, cleaned throttle body, cleaned Cam shaft sensor, but still not resolved.