Buying Land in Himachal Pradesh

alcy

I was in Baijnath/palampur recently. I guess rate is something like 3 lacs for a canal. But as you move in higher regions, obviously prices drop.

rkbharat

Guru
I was thinking of a "green" business such as a model from my friend Gunter Pauli who created Zeri. (Zero Emissions Research & Initiatives)
I would like to set it up and train the locals to run and profit from it. Keeping the youth there in their local area and contributing to the local economy in a clean way is the ultimate goal. Right now it is just a dream but hoping to contribute in this way in the near future.
:)
Roxxi, that's is one very interesting idea, why wait for future, dream should be implemented ASAP.

I was in Baijnath/palampur recently. I guess rate is something like 3 lacs for a canal. But as you move in higher regions, obviously prices drop.
3 Lacs for a Kanal(5400 Sq Ft) in Baijnath is good price, did you checked it from somebody local?. I have been to baijnath once, It had only two hotel at that time, one of GMVN and one private, both useless.

alcy

Not Baijnath exactly, but villages around it...if you start moving beyond Barot etc. , villages in higher regions, that is.

rkbharat

Guru
3 Lacs for a Kanal(5400 Sq Ft) in Baijnath is good price, did you checked it from somebody local?. I have been to baijnath once, It had only two hotel at that time, one of GMVN and one private, both useless.
Sorry Baijnath is not in Gharwal, its still in Kumaon, I mixed it with Gwaldam.

Not Baijnath exactly, but villages around it...if you start moving beyond Barot etc. , villages in higher regions, that is.
Which is fine, I don't think such good rates will be available in main areas.

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I was wondering about what would be rate of rental for a small house in a village in Kinnaur? INR 5000/month? If my assumption is right, rental should be more viable & comfortable option if you are not looking it as an investment :)

rkbharat

Guru
I was wondering about what would be rate of rental for a small house in a village in Kinnaur? INR 5000/month? If my assumption is right, rental should be more viable & comfortable option if you are not looking it as an investment :)
Hmm, that's another very good business options :D

vaibhav17

Dear All,
Kindly accept my greetings as i am a new member .
I am here putting forward my view in regards of the discussion on the topic of buying land in himachal by a non resident and I would say that I agree with the gentleman, who has shown interest in buying land in himachal with no offense to the gentleman who has given his views in the following trails.
I have my own reasons to favour the point which i'll share.Meanwhile if somebody got the answers for question no.3&4 than kindly share.
Regards
Vaibhav

MudgilSushil

DC Junkie ....
Sorry Baijnath is not in Gharwal, its still in Kumaon, I mixed it with Gwaldam.

Which is fine, I don't think such good rates will be available in main areas.
bharat Sir, there is a Baijnath in Himachal As well ..here

Baijnath, Himachal Pradesh - Google Maps

i still stand by my comments on a other thread from monkey Sir .. u cannot buy a land in HP legally in any district . I am not aware, what is the basis of shamik's observations In start of thread . Even in partnership also, it's not allowed unless you are married to a girl there . I still remember that priyanka gandhi was forced to return a piece of land , which she has bought in shimla 1-2 years back .

incase you have some body in Defence, I can enlighten your path wrt to land acquisition there

Pls PM me if interested in knowing that method. I have Bought 2 plots in dharamshala :grin:via that Route although I can buy directly as well , since i am from HP only . on a different note, I am going home next year to native, will check out if there is a change in rules recently ...

between I second What nishant ( GLR ) said with full respect to everybody out there .

Already the migrant laborers has increased the crime rate in our part of the country . :mad::mad: ..that peace is no longer is there i guess for which HP is known for and with everybody shifting out to greener pastures looking for jobs / better opportunities...thing are a bit gloomy ..

MonkeyBoy4u

I have to agree with Sushil here. One cannot buy land in Himachal by legal means. I know some very high profile political figures in HP and approached them if something is possible on the property front.

What they told me it is possible by unfair means, but then there is every chance of one getting caught and investigated.

Having said that you can buy flats in Himachal but land its still a No No.

I wish it remains a No No, otherwise the influx of people buying land there will spoil everything !

Hello All,
Sorry to post this late.I'm from Palampur (HP) , It's correct that buying land in HP for non Himachali in a legal way is not possible.But recently there was an opening to buy property in HP by legal means but last date for application was 31st Jan 2011.
check here -
Advt
Cheers
Rana