Can we carry a drone on a Domestic flight in India

rameshtahlan

Super User
Dji Tello, is a Micro drone, you should be able to carry it and fly without any restrictions.
Restrictions apply to drones which weigh more than 250gms for now.
I will request you to please give complete information.
just because you have a Nano Drone (below 250 grams), does not allow you to fly it where ever you want.
Kindly read the full DGCA Drone Regulation.

and by the way,
Micro Drone are those that weight greater than 250g and less than or equal to 2Kg.
Less than 250g are Nano Drones, and not Micro as commented by you.

#Vijay09,
Please read the attachment very carefully, it is a screen shot from the DGCA Drone Regulation, Para 6.4

You do not need permission ONLY if you fly a Nano Drone, that is less than 250g wt, if you fly BELOW 50 feet, in UNCONTROLLED AIRSPACE.

So now i request you to find out what is UNCONTROLLED AIRSPACE.
every airport in the world has a controlled and uncontrolled airspace.

So if you follow peoples suggestions blindly you are likely to land into police net, and an FIR will be registered against you. have not doubt.
Try flying it at 3km from the airport, and if a police guy spots you, i am sure you will now know what will happen.

Take the trouble to read Drone Regulations on your own and understand them. Unless off course you have no fear for the law. In which case do go ahead and fly where ever you wish.

Happy Landings.

Attachments

Vijay09

VJ Kumar
I will request you to please give complete information.
just because you have a Nano Drone (below 250 grams), does not allow you to fly it where ever you want.
Kindly read the full DGCA Drone Regulation.

Thanks for the deatiled information Ramesh sir.
I will never fly my drone near any govtbuildings. My whole purpose of buying drone is to take some aerial shots only.