Chail:- info required on hotels tariff

Nitu

Hello friends! please share your valuable experience for me and also for many others regarding budget Hotels or GHs (higher rented are the second option) in Chail (HP). Advence thanks, if showing Ph. nos and their tariff.
or any thread already exits on this topic pl. paste it here. I found two t.logs on chail but not found so informative.

Pavan Singh

Chak De Fatte!!
Here are few hotels in Chail that you can check out.

Hotel Lions:
- 2 Km before Chail.
- Only thing good here is the one family room with huge balcony.
- price range starts from 1500 without discount.

Hotel Ceedar:
- Cheap and best
- near to Main Chail market
- cannot comment on food as we never tried.
- After discount, you should be able to get it for 1100/-

Hotel Chail Inn:
- near to main chail market
- cost around 1250/- after discount
- nice rooms but no balcony
contact. 1792-248558

Tarikas Jungle retreat.
- Awesome location. though, away from Chail main market
- very expensive. basic room is approx 4000/-
- huge property.
- Near to Kali Ka Tibba

Hotel Chail palace.
- nice property. Heritage building
- basic room 3000/- there is discount of 20% going on
- Food is good.
- Place is clean and well maintinaed.
- Don like the monkey menace there. Sometime you find it difficult to walk in the lawn because of this.

discount price i mentioned is for off season only

There is another hotel, Kailash, in what they call Lower Bazaar. Its also a very budget option to stay and should not be more than 600-700/day. Restaurant on the ground floor is run by the owners of the hotel themselves and serve lipsmacking food.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chail Palace complex would have rooms for about 1500/- (with 20% discount applied) in the Himneel Block. Very appealing accommodation, but yes, there could be some monkey menace.

Nitu

thanks a lot actualy i am planning to visit in oct/nov.
thanks mathur sir, vikas & pavan bhai lovely pics from your recent chail meet... keep guiding,,

Chail Palace complex would have rooms for about 1500/- (with 20% discount applied) in the Himneel Block. Very appealing accommodation, but yes, there could be some monkey menace.
I was also going to suggest Himneel as a good budget option. always stayed there on my trips to Chail. But my word !!!! have the rates gone up that much Rs1500.... :) i hope they have done up those rooms to justify Rs1500.

The one drawback about Himneel is that Room service (if you can call it that) is verrrry slow....Alarmed to hear that the monkey menace has not abated !!!!

But generally i agree with Anup Saab State Tourism RH are always best value for money if you do not want to splurge on 5 star luxury stay options..

i also remember Kailash Hotel in the bazaar area as having a limited but GOOD food menu.

Last edited:

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
.... But my word !!!! have the rates gone up that much Rs1500.... :) i hope they have done up those rooms to justify Rs1500.
Yes, the rates have gone up markedly!
We stayed there in peak season in June 1997 for 600/-!
Rack rate today is 2000/- plus taxes!

And yes the rooms have been re-furbished.

Yes, the rates have gone up markedly!
We stayed there in peak season in June 1997 for 600/-!
Rack rate today is 2000/- plus taxes!

And yes the rooms have been re-furbished.
Rs2000+taxes !!!!!!! :)...jeez Anup Saab...that is STEEEEEEEEP for budget accomodation. Sterling Manali lets out their Hotel Rooms starting from Rs2000.

and yes 600/- is how i remember it back in "1997-2000". remember getting completely snowed in on christmas morning in'95 .think we payed Rs400 then...and walked thru the snow laden forest tracks to Sadhupul to get back to office in time...:D

Nitu

thank you all! I will look for ceedar or kailash.
Please also suggest, while camping at chail, what are the other main destinations doable in a day (with distance).