Chakrata A nature trail trip and story of a cheat Hotel

Parveen_Choudhary

Well pictures speaks more then words .So posting more pics of my Delhi - Chakrata -Deoban-Lokhandi-vyas sikhar-chakrata -Delhi Trip.Also sharing our ordeal at Hotel Hill Knight Chakrata.

Chakrata is a small hill station.It is still free from hustle bustle of popular hill stations.In fact barring few buildings of an old cantonment ,it is surrounded by small hill villages.
Wilderness is proper synonmus for Chakarata.We spent 3 days at this place.Since there is nothing much to do ,we decided to drive around.We went to Tiger fall which is popular spot there.
Next day We drove to budher caves approx 22 Km drive to Lokhandi on tar road followed by 3.5 KM of kucha road and further trek of 3.5 KM to vyas sikhar.
The drive to Lokhandi and track to vyas sikhar was wonderful.My teenager kids enjoyed throughly,But it exposed my age and side effect of hypertension I am suffering .The crisp air from virgin meadows was heavenly.On the top there is an old temple with a statue of non descript deity.The alone signboard mentioned this a Pari Mandir . However the Budher caves is disappointing and looks like a dog’s den.The highlight of the trip was virgin forest and hill culture .

Route taken
Delhi -Karnal-yamunanagar-Paonta sahib-vikasanagar-Chakrata.

Now the cheat Hotel Story.
I am an old customer of Makemytrip. so this time too booked hotel (Hill Knight) from MMT which turned to be a nightmare and ruined our trip.

They sold me a four bedded suit which originally are two interconnected rooms in a pathetic building . I am surprised for Rs 17000/-- Approx what they are selling to their customers. I doubt that MMT have any quality control policy.The so called suite has even no proper flooring. Cement plaster on floor was just covered with merely some velvet type paper material.
Rooms and baths were stinking. Even the bed are make shift type with foam sheet instead of mattress wrapped in rags.There was lot of seepage.No power back up.There was no television,intercom or call bell.Even on last day of our stay there was no water.Owner himself lives at Dehradoon. The Hotel is being run by guy's who looks like roadside eatery wala. During our stay we never found then changed in new livery. We doubt they even they take a bath.We were afraid to have a look at kitchen , fearing we might not be able to eat after seeing their kitchen.Guests were openly drinking and the environment was quite unsafe. With such conditions how MMT can list such property .
The Hotel is not livable at all. It is an old shabby building with only eight rooms.We called customer care and request for change of hotel which the executive straight way denied. He asked us to share hotel pics , which we did. He called back with a foolish reply that he had spoken to owner and the room will be painted . How you expect this??. Are your MMT executives insane? He also promised us voucher worth Rs 3000/- towards food exp, which were never sent to us.
View attachment 767425

Last edited:

SHEKHAR 257

Be a Good person but Don't try to Prove.
MMT, OYO & Goibibo etc. are more interested in quantity of their properties than quality. Affiliation of any property to such websites do not guarantee quality accommodation.

However to reduce chances of such situations, we must see the average ratings given by customers & read reviews at 2-3 websites. In this case, I saw that this hotel is rated 3 out of 5 on MMT itself. I think you missed it.

Parveen_Choudhary

MMT, OYO & Goibibo etc. are more interested in quantity of their properties than quality. Affiliation of any property to such websites do not guarantee quality accommodation.

However to reduce chances of such situations, we must see the average ratings given by customers & read reviews at 2-3 websites. In this case, I saw that this hotel is rated 3 out of 5 on MMT itself. I think you missed it.
Yes You are right.I was travelling on official tour and did this in hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
I think he is a habitual liar.He told this to every guests.Anyways I sent notices to MakeMyTrip and there are crediting my account with Rs 4000/-
And a voucher of Rs 3000/- along with Rupee equivalent 2350 reward point .

XXXXX Hotel Hill Knights Chakrata XXXXX

Put Review on Google Maps also :
Google Maps

Parveen_Choudhary

As advised I also wrote an review on google .To my surprise the owner replied and shameless guy accused me of not accepting their offer of changing Hotel.
Now the problem is google don’t let you post further , so I edit my review copy and paste owners reply along with my comments and repost the review.